“Great stay at the Hilton!”

Hilton Garden Inn Portsmouth Downtown
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Portsmouth
Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

Great Hotel in downtown Portsmouth, with very nice bar and breakfast area, good size room with cozy beds, big TV and modern bathroom. Stayed there for 5 nights during a business trip, and really enjoyed the cooked to order warm breakfast they offer at a very reasonable price. You don’t see that anymore in most 4/5 star hotels. They offered french toast, pancakes, waffles together with cooked to order eggs and omelettes. All delicious and with great service. Really worth paying the 15$! Parking is valet, very convenient although a but pricy. My only complaint, they made small charges of around 14$ to my credit card every night! When they had already charged me the first night prior to arrival and the full stay at checking. All charges where pending and never came through as final, but they do hold your credit and I don’t understand why they need to check if the credit card is valid every single night. I asked several times and they told me it was normal practice. Incredible. Would definitively go back to the same hotel if I go back to Portsmouth!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Joshua S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portsmouth Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2017

Danny thanks for the 5 star review! I appreciate the detailed feedback on breakfast, staff, and our rooms! I am happy to see that you had a great stay with us and hopefully a trip to Portsmouth brings you back to Hilton Garden Inn!

Reviewed 21 October 2017

This hotel is situated in an excellent location.. it's close to shops and restaurants and centrally located in Portsmouth to be able to walk this charming city and explore the plethora of quaint shops. The staff were very attentive and kind.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo

Thank you for the great review and kind words about our location and staff! I appreciate you taking the time to share! I hope to see you back with us again soon!

Reviewed 15 October 2017

Great Hotel, good value, excellent location. Walk to EVERYTHING. Convenience is exceptional - valet your car and you won't need it again until check out. Fridge and Microwave in the room for you. Get a growler of beer at the local brewery and store in your IN ROOM fridge to bring home.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Joshua S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portsmouth Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Thanks for the 5 star review Patrick! I am glad you enjoyed our hotel and amenities! I hope to see you back with us again soon!

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

If this is helpful, please click helpful below.

So this place is right in the marketplace area and downtown. It sits up on a hill so the walk up if you have a conference sort of stinks.

The front desk is slow.

The bar and restaurant are ok, bartender cool, breakfast average and pricey.

The major issue. I went to shower and found hair, not just one, all over my shower floor and walls!!!!! And a couple in my sink. It was GROSS.

The front desk gave a 50$ credit which I did appreciate but I still felt it important to share. The front desk did offer to have me meet the manager who manages the rooms but I was busy and tied up.

Anyhow, the Housekeeping was an issue, and because of this I do not recommend and I would never stay here again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Joshua S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portsmouth Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2017

I am sorry for the issues experienced during your stay with us. We apologize for cleanliness issues. As you can see by our staff, service, and rankings this is very uncommon for us and again apologize it happened to you. I am sorry you feel you won't recommend us or come back. I am happy to see our staff tried to resolve the issue for you none the less. Safe travels and I hope you find accommodations that meet your expectations. I am sorry we fell short.

Reviewed 13 October 2017

This is a pretty new property that's right in the heart of this beautiful, thriving and charming city. The rooms were attractive, comfortable, the hotel was full of amenities and everything was fine. I hate having to pay so much for parking, though. It's not just the hotel! Be prepared to pay for parking or walking far from the free spaces...

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Joshua S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portsmouth Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2017

Thanks for the 5 star rating and kind words about our hotel amenities and location! I hope to see you back with us again!