1,407 results
All reviewsvalet parkinggreat locationfront deskwithin walking distancebreakfast buffethotel is centrally locatedrestaurants and shopsvalet servicestreet parkingcookiesper daypool and hot tubvery nice hotelgreat place to staywould definitely stay here againnew englandbed was very comfortable
Reviewed 21 October 2017

This hotel is situated in an excellent location.. it's close to shops and restaurants and centrally located in Portsmouth to be able to walk this charming city and explore the plethora of quaint shops. The staff were very attentive and kind.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Joshua S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portsmouth Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2017

Thank you for the great review and kind words about our location and staff! I appreciate you taking the time to share! I hope to see you back with us again soon!

Reviewed 15 October 2017

Great Hotel, good value, excellent location. Walk to EVERYTHING. Convenience is exceptional - valet your car and you won't need it again until check out. Fridge and Microwave in the room for you. Get a growler of beer at the local brewery and store in your IN ROOM fridge to bring home.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Joshua S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portsmouth Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Thanks for the 5 star review Patrick! I am glad you enjoyed our hotel and amenities! I hope to see you back with us again soon!

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

If this is helpful, please click helpful below.

So this place is right in the marketplace area and downtown. It sits up on a hill so the walk up if you have a conference sort of stinks.

The front desk is slow.

The bar and restaurant are ok, bartender cool, breakfast average and pricey.

The major issue. I went to shower and found hair, not just one, all over my shower floor and walls!!!!! And a couple in my sink. It was GROSS.

The front desk gave a 50$ credit which I did appreciate but I still felt it important to share. The front desk did offer to have me meet the manager who manages the rooms but I was busy and tied up.

Anyhow, the Housekeeping was an issue, and because of this I do not recommend and I would never stay here again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Joshua S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portsmouth Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2017

I am sorry for the issues experienced during your stay with us. We apologize for cleanliness issues. As you can see by our staff, service, and rankings this is very uncommon for us and again apologize it happened to you. I am sorry you feel you won't recommend us or come back. I am happy to see our staff tried to resolve the issue for you none the less. Safe travels and I hope you find accommodations that meet your expectations. I am sorry we fell short.

Reviewed 13 October 2017

This is a pretty new property that's right in the heart of this beautiful, thriving and charming city. The rooms were attractive, comfortable, the hotel was full of amenities and everything was fine. I hate having to pay so much for parking, though. It's not just the hotel! Be prepared to pay for parking or walking far from the free spaces...

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Joshua S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portsmouth Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2017

Thanks for the 5 star rating and kind words about our hotel amenities and location! I hope to see you back with us again!

Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

We really enjoy spending time in Portsmouth it's only an hour from home so we often come for the day but sometimes like to stay over if we know it will be a late night. We like the Sheraton Harborside but wanted to try something different. We wanted a Sat night stay only In late September but based on the options it seemed me there may have.been 2 night minimum at some places and the prices were 400izh per night. I waited until the morning of our arrival to commit to a reservation and saved about $70. The Hilton was the perfect location. The room was updated and very clean. We were celebrating my husbands birthday and they gave us 2 free drink coupons. You valet park and walk everywhere or park right across the street in the Hanover st garage. As long as I can. Get a reasonable price, I'll be back. Great hotel, perfect location.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Thanks for the taking the time to share your feedback with us! I appreciate the 5 star review and am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and the location! I hope you had a nice birthday celebration and will stay with us again!