All reviews spaulding turnpike mall across the street allow pets basic hotel outdoor pool bed was comfortable would stay here again maine dresser
Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

Very basic. TV and a bed. Cleanish. Stain on the bed cover. Not sure why they make a bed with a clear stain on the cover. Otherwise ok. 12 dollar taxi ride to town. Opposite a steak house. Staff I met were helpful

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 September 2017

The room was average size with separate toilet, wash basin and bath/shower. It was more modern than other M6 hotels, however, this was a negative for us because it was smaller and more cramped for the 3 of us sharing 2 double beds. The room had a dressing table and two chairs, plus we ‘borrowed’ a chair from the laundry and so the space doubled up as a dining area. The pool was in a nice setting but a bit small for us, as we had chosen this motel for the pool. The laundry area was great with coin operated washers and driers, however, there was no washing powder at reception, as indicated; luckily I’d brought some hand wash which I used in the machine.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sara C
Reviewed 6 September 2017

I had a reservation and had been traveling all day. When entering the reception area there were three people behind the desk and one was helping a couple. I stood there for a few minutes while the other two were talking. The young girl turned around from her conversation and looked at me then opened a bag on the desk took out a sandwich, took a bite and turned back to the other woman that appeared disheveled and had blood shot eye. She was complaining about something. The receptionist helping the couple looked at me then at the other two and said loudly "Someone will be with you in a minute." The two looked at me and continued their conversation. A man without a shirt walked by behind me and the girl eating the sandwich turned and waved at him like they were friends. The woman she was talking to did not look well, so when the first receptionist finished with the couple and asked if she could help me, I asked if there was a problem or something wrong with the other woman behind the counter. I said she appeared high or ill and I was told she was the housekeeper and nothing was wrong with her and how dare I say anything or accuse her of being high. I said that is how her appears, my husband later agreed. She then said she needed ID for every one staying in the room and I went to get my husband. When we returned she told me she canceled my reservation and wasn't going to let us stay because I insulted her housekeeper. Funny that Motel 6 allows food and upset housekeepers to take president over paying customers that are tired. My husband is a disabled vet and we had our dog in the car. We went to the Sheridan and the treated us very professionally. When I called the number the receptionist gave me to complain I reached her again.

Room Tip: Don't stay!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank lizabethantonoff
Reviewed 30 August 2017

We stayed here for one night on a recent coastal getaway. The hotel was full. Our room was clean and adequately sized. The wood-look floors are great, so much better than gross carpeting. Sheets and towels were clean and beds were comfortable. Bathroom was of a good size, clean and hot shower. Flat screen TV and Wifi worked well. The staff were very pleasant checking us in and helpful to lend a hair dryer when needed. The only odd event was that there were several somewhat grungy-looking men hanging around in the lobby and my feeling was that they maybe were longer-term residents? Otherwise, the price was great for an expensive area, room was clean, nice staff and easy to find off the highway.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank BooKat
Reviewed 28 August 2017

The front desk young woman was a very pleasant and funny. We liked the fact that there was no carpeting in the room (hate carpeting), the shower was great and the beds very comfortable. However the nightstand table between the beds was not cleaned at all, it was gross...covered in sticky spilled beer from the previous occupants. With all the other good this was a big downer. I also wish they would get ride of the coverlets and go with the white sheet and runner...much cleaner then coverlets with stains...

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends