Motel 6 Portsmouth
US$ 152
  • Breakfast included
US$ 140
US$ 124
Hampton Inn Portsmouth Central(Portsmouth)(Great Value!)
US$ 175
US$ 140
Agoda.com
The Hotel Portsmouth(Portsmouth)
US$ 157
All reviewsmall across the streetspaulding turnpikebasic roomallow petsoutdoor poolbed was comfortablewould stay here againmainedresserhighway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 April 2012

I travel to Portsmouth for business several times a week and have stayed in numerous hotels in the area. This Motel 6 has the friendliest, most efficient staff of any of them! Easy as anything to check in and get to your room. Very accomodating, down to earth clerks, unlike some of the other snobby hotels in the area.

Some of the rooms have excellent beds, some do not. Quiet. Good internet. Clean rooms.

Highly recommend this motel above the other big-name chains.

PS - I've never seen any bed bugs here and I've stayed in several smoking rooms on the 3rd floor.

Room Tip: The queen beds aren't as comfortable as the full-size, in my opinion. But the showers in the queen rooms are awesome!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Dit D
Reviewed 10 April 2012

No-nonsense highway motel. The room seemed OK at arrival, but during nighttime a pump/generator or something else kept humming at a level keeping you half awake. We stayed at 2nd floor at the far end from the elevator - maybe it's better at the other end?

Room Tip: Check your specific room before signing in.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Firstly, we had to ask to have our non-smoking room changed to another non-smoking room because the first smelled like...you guessed it smoke. The other room still smelled like cigarette but wasn't as bad. But hey it was just a one night stay but then I laid down on the bed and all I could feel we're the springs. I had to put the main bed spread which I should mention had at least one cigarette burn in it underneath me. If you have any type of back or neck problems you'd be better off sleeping in your car. I am in SHOCK so many people gave it a Very Good rating

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 3 January 2012

Bed Bugs! Bed Bugs! Bed Bugs!

Room and bath appeared clean and recently refurbrished. Quite basic, but what do you expect for the low price, and they take dogs.

We checked out in the morning and began the drive home when both my wife and I felt itching sensations. We wondered aloud if it might be bed bugs. By the time we got home, I had a welt on my back and two welts on my scalp.

Had it not been for the bed bugs, I'd have given the place 3 stars.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Traveler33470
Reviewed 10 December 2011

This is one of our regular stopping locations when travelling south on the 1-95. It is in a great location near the highway, shopping center, and eating establishments. Over the past year, the hotel appears to be improving - service and overall appearance. We will continue to go back.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple