Motel 6 Portsmouth
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$ 162
US$ 98
US$ 85
US$ 124
BestWestern.com
Hampton Inn Portsmouth Central(Portsmouth)(Great Value!)
US$ 164
US$ 144
US$ 144
AscendHotels
US$ 152
  • Pool
The Hotel Portsmouth(Portsmouth)
US$ 157
All reviewsmall across the streetspaulding turnpikebasic roomallow petsoutdoor poolbed was comfortablewould stay here againmainedresserhighway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Firstly, we had to ask to have our non-smoking room changed to another non-smoking room because the first smelled like...you guessed it smoke. The other room still smelled like cigarette but wasn't as bad. But hey it was just a one night stay but then I laid down on the bed and all I could feel we're the springs. I had to put the main bed spread which I should mention had at least one cigarette burn in it underneath me. If you have any type of back or neck problems you'd be better off sleeping in your car. I am in SHOCK so many people gave it a Very Good rating

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 3 January 2012

Bed Bugs! Bed Bugs! Bed Bugs!

Room and bath appeared clean and recently refurbrished. Quite basic, but what do you expect for the low price, and they take dogs.

We checked out in the morning and began the drive home when both my wife and I felt itching sensations. We wondered aloud if it might be bed bugs. By the time we got home, I had a welt on my back and two welts on my scalp.

Had it not been for the bed bugs, I'd have given the place 3 stars.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Traveler33470
Reviewed 10 December 2011

This is one of our regular stopping locations when travelling south on the 1-95. It is in a great location near the highway, shopping center, and eating establishments. Over the past year, the hotel appears to be improving - service and overall appearance. We will continue to go back.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NSRoadrunner
Reviewed 17 September 2011

I can't speak highly enough of the staff and their attitude toward serving their customers. I am disabled and work with a service dog; they were very attentive and cooperative to and with both of us at every turn, even changing our room to one that served our purpose and needs when it turned up vacant :) thanks to all of you--anytime we are in Portsmouth, we will stay there again!

Room Tip: always ask what might be available. you may be pleasantly surprised--we certainly were!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 July 2011

I had booked a room at the Portsmouth Motel 6 pretty far in advance. I knew we'd be late arriving, and we got there around 10pm. When we opened the door to the room we were smacked with the odor of musty wet carpet. I reached down and touched the floor and it was extremely wet to the touch. This was near the entry door, not near the air conditioning unit. Not only was the carpet wet, but there was a slimy, smelly residue left on my fingers. Due to the hour I really wanted to stay, but it was simply too nasty. I went to the desk and requested a different room but they were fully booked. The young lady at the desk was very pleasant and helpful and she offered to refund the room, which of course I accepted since we were leaving. Even though this was a Motel 6, the room was still over $100. We ended up driving up to a hotel in Dover, NH, where we'd spent the previous night. It cost more than the Motel 6 but it was clean, included breakfast, and the carpets were clean and dry. I like the "idea" of Motel 6, since we set the bar pretty low when it comes to accommodations. We're mostly looking for clean and comfortable. But unfortunately, the few Motel 6s that we've stayed at have been pretty grim; this one to the point where we couldn't even stay. I have to assume that other rooms at this property would be acceptable. If possible, I would suggest that you preview a room before you book it.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family