“Always the Best!”

Margaritas Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #126 of 219 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 6 March 2018

Whether I eat in the Dover location or one of their others it's always good. This was my first visit to the Portsmouth location. Much smaller than Dover, or it felt like it as we sat up front. Had one of those "slow motion" moments when the waitress hit my Coke and I got the bath. Things just happen in life. You move on and enjoy what you came for. Some excellent food. Steak fajitas always please and big enough for my wife and I to share. Check it out next time your in the area.

MargsMex, Manager at Margaritas Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2018

Thanks for taking the time to share your kind words! We take great pride in our fresh dishes and food quality, so we're pleased to see your enjoying the 'Margaritas Experience' at all of our locations! We look forward to seeing you at Margaritas, again!

Reviewed 19 December 2017 via mobile

I went in today with two coworkers, ordered a strawberry margarita and it tasted too sweet and artificial. Not expecting real strawberries, but definitely not expecting chemicals. Had the tacos with pork carnitas, pork tasted funky and tacos were bland. Waiter seemed very nervous and was inattentive, he took away the barely touched tacos and margarita and said nothing. When he asked if we wanted boxes, he laughed when we said no.

MargsMex, Manager at Margaritas Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2017

Hi Kate. We’re sorry to hear that your Margaritas visit did not meet the high standards we hold our restaurants to, especially since we are very proud of our scratch kitchen and quality margaritas. We will be sure to share this feedback with our staff so they can continue to improve our customers’ experience.

Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

Looking for food while driving around and noticed this place. Nice reception. Quick Service. Had the burritos and fish tacos. The beer was ice cold. The Blue Margarita was perfect. Reasonable prices. Definitely would revisit if in the area again.

MargsMex, Owner at Margaritas Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2018

Thanks so much for sharing your feedback! We're glad to hear you enjoyed your experience at Margaritas!

Reviewed 14 November 2017

Restaurant is like a college bar, noisy, raucous a bit messy. Service and food were not all that great either. I ordered a three taco combination that is supposed to be accompanied by a trio of sauces. However, my tacos arrived at the table with no sauces. At first, I did not notice, but the tacos, what with little meat they had on them, were as dry as sand and basically unpleasant. I asked the server bringing drinks about the sauce but she shrugged and walked away (I have to figure she did not hear me) and our waitress never stopped by, so I ate the really dry tacos. When my waitress finally showed up she asked me if I wanted the tacos taken off the bill but I declined as I felt the burden of having stomached the dry tacos.
Next time I'm in the area and want Mexican food I will go to the better place down the road a piece......can't think of it's name but they used to have a Chihuahua "spokes dog" on their TV commercials and a drive thru!

Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

Stopped for a late lunch. We had a taco salad with carnitas and Hectors Quesadillas with chicken. Delicious! Our server was Ariel & she was attentive & sweet. Our bill with two non-alcoholic drinks, without tip was $29.93.

MargsMex, Public Relations Manager at Margaritas Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2017

We are so happy to hear you had a good experience with us ! We look forward to you next visit :)