“Dinner was excellent ”

Rainbow Grille & Tavern
Ranked #2 of 11 Restaurants in Pittsburg
Price range: US$ 16 - US$ 40
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Very impressed with everything ordered. Will definitely return. The prime rib was the best I've ever had. Bacon wrapped scallops were perfectly done. 5 stars

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

This is our second time at the rainbow grille and again, it was delicious! The steaks are cooked perfect, the sides are incredible and the staff was excellent. If your in the area and need a great meal, this is the place!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 11 February 2018

Our third time up to Pittsburg to Snowmobile and stay at Tall Timbers, only steps away from the Rainbow Grille. Restaurant staff is professional, friendly and knowledgable of the menu. The food from the appetizers to the entries were absolutely outstanding, I highly recommend the Prime Rib on weekends as well as the shrimp or chicken parmigiana served all the time on the menu.

Make Reservations

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 5 November 2017

This evening, September 25, '17 (a Monday night) at 5:30 p.m. (the first sitting) was a very thoughtful gift from my husband to celebrate my birthday a few days early. The gift was a lovely dinner here and a getaway was with my girlfriend and a stay at a nearby lodge for a couple of days. (This was the first time I/we have ever been here.)

We arrived on time for the first sitting as I said at 5:30 in the dining room at Rainbow Grille. We were seated by the Hostess along the windows in between three other couples (two per table) side by side by side. My friend and I sat down but were immediately feeling uncomfortable at the seating arrangement. Our waitperson came shortly thereafter, very pleasant, and took our drink order. We made small talk until our glasses of wine arrived and we agreed..."let's go outside, I'm uncomfortable!" We took our drinks and I stopped by the Hostess stand, Linda is the Hostess/Manager. I went up to her and said, "we would like to be moved to another table, we are not comfortable with the seating arrangement." Linda, the Manager said, "NO, I can't move you we are expecting a group of 12 and I can not change your table." My friend and I could not believe this with all of the available tables that there were no tables available for us to be moved. We were not happy! Seriously! What happened to the customer is always right?

My friend and I were very pleased with our dinners. My friend had the Baked Haddock and I had the Lobster Pie, both were excellent and both were plentiful! The meal saved the evening for sure! Kudos to the chef...Linda's husband!

Service was very good, food exceptional but the table/seating arrangement left so much to be desired, couldn't relax with couples next to us just two feet away! Not sure if returning...have to think about it.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 31 October 2017

When we are in the area (actually we stay an hour away), we always stop at the Rainbow Grille & Tavern for dinner. The food portions are very generous, as well as delicious. We really enjoy the escargot as an appetizer. Soup or salad comes with any entree. Hubby and I both got a fish dish which had large portions of Haddock, several large scallops and a few very large shrimp. Unfortunately, we did not have room for the delicious looking desserts. This restaurant is not for people in a hurry, as the food is made to order and comes pipping hot. The staff is very friendly and helpful as well. The alcoholic beverages are very good and also reasonably priced. Reservations are a must, as this place is popular.

Date of visit: October 2017