All reviews indoor pool hot tub storyland package continental breakfast huge fireplace rooms are large yogurt lobby area front desk staff exercise room bit dated nice place to stay outlet mall two queen beds main building a wonderful stay coffee maker
Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

Based on the temporary sign covering the older one out front, I have to assume this place is under new management. Brand new carpet, sheets, bedding, patio chairs, and beds. More comfortable than my bed at home! All staff we met went out of their way to make us feel at home. Then two gentlemen working the free breakfast worked INCREDIBLY hard. Food was really good---an unexpected surprise for us. Didn't anticipate having a fridge in our room, but we did! Bathrooms very clean but they haven't been replaced. We appreciated having a bathroom exhaust fan as many hotels do not. Indoor pool had a sign saying they need to paint the bottom of the pool, but it is safe to swim and it meets all requirements of the state. Honestly, it was fabulous. Indoor AND outdoor pools. Playground for the kids. Passed the exercise room on our way to the pool. Basic but clean!! In room coffee maker and Starbucks across the street. Our room included free breakfast. Fantastic value. We have stayed in a lot of places this summer and we cannot speak highly enough of this cleaning staff. They clearly love this place and went well above and beyond in making our room ready for our second night---folding our toddlers' small blankets and arranging everything so nicely. Will absolutely stay here again!!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 21 August 2017

The Green Granite Inn was a place that I stayed at 20 years ago. Amazing memories with our sons. The place was in super condition. We get there... they give us our key and a map as to where to go. The main entrance was not as nice as I remembered, however, I was keeping a positive attitude. We got to our building and there was duck tape over the place you put your key for security. So anyone could come into our building. We were the first room on the right. We put our key in and we had to give it a good jolt to get in. Definitely couldn't enter quietly if one of the kids were sleeping. The tub had a chip in it that was at least a quarter in size and seemed moldy. Floor tiles lifting. Didn't smell clean. We tried to open up our screen slider and that was barely working. I had called the night before we went to get a crib for our granddaughter. They said no problem, that would be $5 more. I said that's fine. I called the front desk when I got into our room to inform them there was no crib. They proceeded to tell me it was first come, first serve. I was clearly upset and she called her manager and when we got back from dinner at 7:30 pm, a crib was there. I feel bad that the management has let this amazing place go. I'm hoping my review will give them incentive to improve it. I don't plan on going again.

Reviewed 20 August 2017

We stayed here in recent weeks and I can't complain about it. It was perfectly positioned for touring the White Mountains. The staff were great, the room adequate, the shower was grand and the breakfasts were excellent value. All in all a pleasant stay for the money spent.

Reviewed 18 August 2017

The Green Granite Inn is in the middle of a remodel, and perhaps a change of ownership. This resulted in some inconsistencies in our stay, although I'm not sure we will be returning.

The Room: The entrance to our wing of the hotel was permanently unlocked or broken, so the keycard security measure was moot. We arrived to our room with the door already open . We found that there were no soaps or toiletries available in our room. The room has a nice sliding door right out to a sheltered sitting area and the parking lot which made loading the car a breeze.

The room was spacious but dated, with peeling paint and wallpapers. The carpet seemed new, but maybe everything else will be fixed up with the ongoing renovations. Someone had scratched their initials into an otherwise newer looking dresser! The bathroom was clean but in need of an update.
The mattresses were rather loud to sit on/get on/off on, but seemed sleepworthy.

Service: I did go to the front desk to get the soaps and the woman at the desk was pleasant and even delivered the goods to our room and helped to troubleshoot our in-room fridge. We did have a previous encounter with a man at the front desk who seemed unpleasant/ unusual. Perhaps it depends who's on duty!

I got to check out the indoor pool and hot tub. Unfortunately I found the hot tub to be scalding hot, but other people didn't seem to take issue.

The included breakfast had decent variety; eggs, potatoes, cereals, yogurt, bagels/muffins, hand fruit. We prefer to eat in the lovely breakfast places in town, but if you need to grab something for the road or a hike it you have plenty of options.

Overall: In another life, it could be nice to stay at the Green Granite. I think the current transition the hotel is undergoing may improve a lot of the issues I found with the hotel. In a year or two they could really have something, but I don't think I'll be back to find out.

2  Thank Camilla C
Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

This is a nice motel, close to restaurants and shopping. They have a great playground for the kids to play on, plus 2 pools (indoor and outdoor). Our room had its own outside sitting area that opened up to a nice grassy space for the kids to run. Grills and picnic tables are also available. The staff here is exceptional and really makes you feel welcome.

Date of stay: June 2017