“A great place to stay”

Ranked #3 of 21 North Conway B&B and Inns
Willington, Connecticut
“A great place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

We had a very pleasant and relaxing stay. The owner Rob was friendly (as was pet dog Brody) and welcoming. Breakfast was very tasty and filling - I think we even skipped lunch one day. The location is great and Rob pointed us to all the right places. He knows the area well! The room we had, had a european old world feel - spacious and nicely decorated with a gas stove and whirlpool tub. Guests have access to a lovely sitting room. Fruit, snacks and coffee are available throughout the day - a bottle of wine was out every evening. I have already recommended The Red Elephant to friends.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Stratham, New Hampshire, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

The Inn is beautifully decorated, very comfortable and extremely clean. Rob, the owner, is very pleasant and the breakfast was delicious! Thumbs up all around!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Medford, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2012

OK, maybe not EVER (sorry Mom), but it was definitely a top 5. My husband and I stayed at the Red Elephant this past December over Christmas, and we had the BEST TIME. We wanted to escape the usual craziness and mayhem that the holidays usually bring, and we could not have picked a better place to relax, unwind, and, a nice surprise, make new friends!!

First off, the Red Elephant is absoloutely adorable! As soon as I saw it when we pulled up the street I was excited. We walked in and at the front desk was a very welcoming letter and our room key (Rob the owner was out running some errands), so we lugged all of our stuff in, wrapped presents and all, and checked the place out! Our room, The New York Room, was on the 2nd floor, up a little staircase by the front desk. I was pleasantly surprised to find the whole place totally decked out with Christmas decorations. There was even a Christmas tree on the landing as we went up to our room! The room itself was gorgeous, big, open, with a great gas fireplace and a huge jacuzzi tub in the bathroom. Believe me, I took full advantage of that baby since I do not have a bathtub at home. There was also lots of natural sunlight from the big windows, but they had great blinds that keep the light out for cozy mornings sleeping in...but don't sleep in TOO late because Rob's breakfasts are NOT to be missed. Oh my god. I am practically drooling right now thinking about the homemade zepoles, the peanut butter yogurt with banana (SO right up my alley), and blueberry pancakes and bacon. And that was just day 1! The rest of the inn was just as cute and cozy as the side our room was on, and Rob and Patty offer lots of great little extras that make for a great stay. They always have snacks out, wine in the afternoons, and bottle openers and corkscrews for if you want to have a bottle in your room, it was nice not having to drink out of the water glasses from the bathroom.

But honestly, I have to say, I think the best part of the Inn is Rob and Patty (oh, and we can not forget Jack and Cookie, their adorable dogs). I honestly felt like we were staying with good friends. They could not have been more hospitable, and they made us feel like family. There is no way I will ever stay anywhere else in North Conway! I am telling you, you gotta stay at The Red Elephant on your next trip to North Conway. You would be doing yourself a huge disservice if you didn't.

Thank you again to Rob and Patty, you guys rule, and Patty, I hope your ankle is ok doing better!!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Gorham, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2011

My sister and brother-in-law discovered this inn entirely by accident last year, due to an overbooking at the other inn we had reserved. They enjoyed it so much that the five of us stayed here this year. Rob and Patti were wonderful and welcoming. The sitting room was a perfect place to lounge with a glass of wine at the end of the day. The snacks in the hallway were plentiful and varied (cookies, fruit, chocolates, tea, coffee, wine), with something for everyone. Our breakfasts were absolutely outstanding! We each loved our rooms (I had Room 5, which had a lovely gas fireplace and was just off the dining area - will be asking for that room next time!). Rob and Patti made us feel as though they were truly happy to have us stay with them, as if we were extended family. We are looking forward to staying with them next year!

Room Tip: Room 5 is perfect - just off the dining room, easily accessible for someone who may be mobility-impa...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Cork
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

The absolute No.1 B&B in NEw England.We stayed Mid October at the height of the Fall.
Our hosts Rob & Patti were fantastic.They were most welcoming.The breakfasts were the best we had anywhere and the wine available in the evenings in the sitting room with the
other guests was like being at home with family and close friends.Our bedroom was so New England,beautiful decor,gas fired stove, comfortable bed and as you expect the bathroom was immaculate.Thank you Rob and Patti. We will be back.

Room Tip: Room at the front for the view.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family