“Our first experience staying at an Inn was wonderful!!!!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Old Red Inn & Cottages

Old Red Inn & Cottages
Ranked #12 of 21 North Conway B&B and Inns
Oromocto, New Brunswick, Canada
“Our first experience staying at an Inn was wonderful!!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2012

We have just returned from our four day trip to North Conway staying at the Old Red Inn..... there was me, my Mum, 3 yr old and 6 yr. We stayed in the Mt Madison Room on the 3rd floor, we loved the space and privacy. In 30+ degree weather we certainly appreciated the air conditioning and outdoor pool. Our first experience couldnt have been more wonderful. The hospitality shown by Richard and Susan was second to none. They both showed such interest in our days activities that my children couldnt wait to see them in the morning at breakfast and tell them about our adventures. The breakfasts were exceptional!!!! A great start to every day!! The common areas and front porch were excellent venues for chatting and meeting new people and sharing tourist information. The Polar Express event sounds very inviting...would love to go and would definitely stay at the Old Red Inn.....Thanks Susan & Richard!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Tyngsboro, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2012

My family and I just spent three nights in cabin 4 and had a wonderful time. Susan and Richard were very gracious hosts helping us with directions and dinner recommendations. The breakfast every morning was delicious especially the homemade bread and French toast. The inn has that old farmhouse charm to it and the loacation cant be beat. We cant wait to come back and visit we hopefully for polar express and try Susan's afternoon tea and cookies.

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

We had the best time. We rented a cottage with microwave, fridge and coffeemaker.
It was clean and comfortable.
The owners were great hosts and helped us to plan our daily outings.
But the icing on this cake was the breakfasts that Susan served to us in the mornings were amongst the best - beats Ihop any day.

Room Tip: Call direct to reserve.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
scituate
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2012

I rented cabin 1 for 3 full nights at $173 per night plus tax. It was for myself my husband and 17 month old son. We also brought our dog. First off my first impression upon arrival was OK innkeeper seemed. Nice. Well the cottage was not clean. I understand it is the pet cottage but it stunk of pets especially on porch. The bathroom needs updating. The toilet paper holder was disgusting. I was annoyed to see they went in each day and switched towels made bed but didn't clean. Took. Garbage but didn't leave new bags and coffee pit left not cleaned and no coffee left. There were nails sticking out on porch and second bed. My husband had to pull a sharp hook out of wall. I stay in north. Conway. Twice a year. Never here again....awful. waste of money.

Room Tip: Don't. Waste money
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Kim f
Near Boston, Ma.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2012

My husband & I were very skeptical of B&B stays, hence never trying one. NOT ANY LONGER!!We stayed in cabin #4 as to ease our way into a last minute trip & what a fantastic getaway it was! Our hosts were so friendly,accomadating, helpful and most generous. I'm not a big fan of no menu to pick from, but no worries there either, everything Richard & Susan made was not only plentiful ( I'm a big eater ), but absolutly delicious! Different menu every morning, my favorite was the FRENCH TOAST ( I don't like french toast normally) but this one was out of this world!!! I now make it at home with rave reviews from my family!! The cabin was comfy, cozy, and perfect with a welcoming fireplace, refridge, & micro (for easy late night snacks). We could watch TV from the queen size bed or the glider rockers ... everything was neat, clean and relaxing. Susan & Richard offered us directions, pamplets, & evan coupons for anyone trying to help out their budget abit. They truly coud nt have been more helpful WITHOUT BEING PUSHY (not at all like going to a CAR LOT OR FURNITURE STORE with all the sales people bombarding you) which was what we expected happens a a B&B. It was like being at home WITHOUT ANY OF THE WORK !!! We are looking forward to return stay & have reccomended the Old Red Inn & Cottages to all our friends & family. Thank you so much Susan & Richard for a most enjoyable stay .... See you soon !!!!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple