1,502 results
All reviews kahuna laguna wave pool breakfast buffet indoor waterpark omelet station wii tournament loft room mountain view cookie decorating marshmallow roasting family resort school vacation eggs benedict kids running mini vacation santa's village movie night
Reviewed 15 September 2017

The family loft mountain view room was spacious and very comfortable. The premises are beautiful. The view is outstanding and the complimentary hot breakfast was delicious. Kahuna Laguna was great fun. We are looking forward to going back with the kids again and again

Room tip: If you want a mountain view you may pay more but it was worth it.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank jvoutselas
Jon S, General Manager at Red Jacket Mountain View Resort & Water Park, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2017

jvoutselas,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your most recent visit. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the Mountain View Family loft. You can't beat our breakfast buffet and Kahuna Laguna keeps children of all ages occupied. We look forward to seeing you all again and again.

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

I thought the hotel was clean, accomadating for families and had nice amenities. The indoor water park and arcade room was a plus for us and is the main reason we chose to stay here. I was a little dissapointed that the water park was extra $$ and wasn't included in our stay. Also, if you plan on staying off season during the week (after Labor Day), the water park doesn't open until 3 pm which was a major let down. Other than that, the hotel staff was very helpful and friendly. We got upgraded to a mountain view room at no extra charge which was lovely. The breakfast was also delicious and not expensive !!! Would definitely stay here again

2  Thank Corinne L
Jon S, General Manager at Red Jacket Mountain View Resort & Water Park, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Corinne L,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your most recent stay. We are glad to hear that everyone enjoyed the resort. For the best value always book directly with the resort so we can book a package deal which includes water park access. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

We so enjoyed our annual visit to Red Jacket yet again this year and want to express our gratitude to Jon and the exceptional staff for always making our family feel so special!

From the pool with the very talented DJ Dave, to the water park, horse-drawn carriage rides, games room, daily activities for the kids, marshmallow roasting at night and of course, the delicious breakfast buffet, there is always something fun and exciting to do at Red Jacket.

We would highly recommend for families with children of all ages.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Jon S, General Manager at Red Jacket Mountain View Resort & Water Park, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2017

MAPLE520,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your annual visit. We are thrilled to hear about your enjoyment with the entire resort. Thanks for the special shout out of the team and our super talented DJ Dave. We are already planning our pool parties for the summer of 2018. Enjoy the rest of your year and we will see you next year.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

We had a fabulous time at the Red Jacket Mountain View Resort. We were celebrating my husband’s birthday and were happy with our choice of hotels. From the moment we pulled up the driveway to the beautiful resort I was immediately impressed. Upon arrival we were greeted by a pleasant woman at the front desk. She was more than happy to answer any questions we had. Further to my surprise, our room was ready for us. We stayed in room 307 which had a balcony and an amazing view of the mountains. The room was spacious and clean and exceeded our expectations.

We first stopped in the pub for a pizza before heading to the pool for the afternoon. The food was very good during the entire length of our stay. We enjoyed the afternoon by the pool which was lovely. There is the option to order food and drinks by the pool which we enjoyed. The cheese fries and mozzarella sticks were a huge hit with my 10 year old son. There were plenty of activities during our stay from arts and crafts, movies, horse drawn carriage ride as well as a great big playground for kids.
On our second day it rained the entire day. We were glad to have the Kahuna Laguna available for us to enjoy. A few comments about the staff at the Kahuna Laguna…The lifeguards are top notch. They kept a close watchful eye on all the swimmers. I must have counted 12 lifeguards carefully maintaining the safety of the guests. This is quite reassuring to me as a parent. There was so much to do for all ages at the Kahuna Laguna. My son counted 73 times down the slides. He was quite pleased with his day.

We decided to extend our stay an additional night and I was so happy we did. We spent the following day at Story Land which is always a hit with our family. We have been visiting the area since my son was a toddler. I am always impressed with the enhancements over the years to Story Land.

We returned to the hotel and decided to relax by the pool. Lucky for us we were in time to see DJ Dave. He was absolutely AMAZING! He kept the kids entertained for several hours with music, dancing and scavenger hunts. I was thoroughly impressed. I made a point of speaking to the DJ following the show to tell him how much I enjoyed watching him with the children. I work in public schools with children and it is not as easy task to keep children of all ages entertained. I was surprised to learn that the DJ would be performing in the restaurant later in the evening. We had a long day but wanted to check out the show. We decided to have dinner in the restaurant on site and listen to the show. My husband had a sandwich and I had the chicken quesadillas which were quite good. We all enjoyed singing along to songs by the Beatles, Elton John and Bob Denver. Yes, they were able to take several requests from our son including “Take me home, Country Roads.”

Every staff member we came into contact with was very pleasant. One staff member I would like to acknowledge is a gentleman by the name of Kevin. To be honest, I am not sure what Kevin’s role was as he seemed to be present during our entire stay whether it be serving drinks at the restaurant or rescuing me and keeping me calm when I was trapped in the elevator at 11:00 pm. Fortunately, my time in the elevator was short but he was wonderful reassuring my 10 year old son that his mom was going to be fine. It was more traumatizing for me as a parent listening to my son outside the elevator and not be able to assure him I would be ok. I could hear Kevin and my husband working hard to resolve the situation while keeping a young boy calm.

We had a wonderful birthday celebration at the Red Jacket Mountain View Resort and I will definitely return again. This hotel is ideal for families and couples of all ages.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Bospartyof3
Jon S, General Manager at Red Jacket Mountain View Resort & Water Park, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

Bospartyof3,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your husbands birthday celebration. We are delighted to hear everyone had a great time and you were able to partake in all of our activities. Our apologies for the elevator incident but I am glad Kevin was there to make the situation tolerable. We look forward to your next visit and we will be here to make more memories.

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

I would say this place is average, but I'm giving it a bump since it's probably the best option in North Conway. The positives are the staff was pleasant and they have a waterpark. Outside of that there was a pretty rank smell in the hallways and the cleanliness/datedness left something to be desired. I think there may have even been a resort fee which is just wrong. Isn't what I would classify as a resort, but again if in North Conway it's still probably the closest you can get.

Date of stay: August 2017
1  Thank JayBea79
Jon S, General Manager at Red Jacket Mountain View Resort & Water Park, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2017

JayBea79,

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinions during your most recent stay. We hope you enjoy the rest of your summer and we will see you again next time your in North Conway.