“Refused to stay”

Ranked #21 of 25 Hotels in North Conway
Boston, Massachusetts
“Refused to stay”
Reviewed 3 January 2012

First let me say that the Blueberry Muffin Restaurant and staff at the hotel are wonderful. I just wish the Inn was better so I could give them my business. My friend and I decided to go up to the White Mountains for some fun. Since I have always loved the Blueberry Muffin Restaurant we figured we would give the Inn a try. I wish we hadn't.

We reserved what they advertised as the "fireplace and jacuzzi" rooms. I was horrified from the second we opened the door. It was the kind of place where I felt weird about taking my shoes off. It looked like a crime scene with scuffs and gouges all over the walls. I know hotels experience some wear, but this place was unreal. To top it off, they randomly covered over some of them with a different color paint than the rest of the wall, and with brush strokes that completely went against the grain. I mean, brush strokes aren't necessarily a deal breaker, but it just added to the whole atmosphere of not giving a hoot how clean or done up the room is. The place had a kind of funk. Everything had a layer of dust and therei was a weird smell.

When it came to the hot tub, it wasn't a jacuzzi. It was a dingy bathtub with a couple of jets in the side. I wouldn't have been able to sit in it if I tried, and I am reasonably short. The jacuzzi wasn't the only thing that wasn't up to what was advertised. The indoor pool was tiny, and the whole area is surrounded by filthy, wet carpet. How disgusting is that!!! We were horrified.

Sadly enough, we had to leave. I felt TERRIBLE, because the front desk staff was SOOO nice. I wish their higher management would do something about the state of the rooms so we could give them our business. I still recommend the restaurant though, the food and prices are great.

Room Tip: Maybe ask for one of the rooms closer to the restaurant because they are used more often???
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Newburyport MA
Reviewed 1 January 2012

2nd time staying at this property while skiing in the white mountians. Clean,quiet and comfortable for one of the lowest rates around and it has an indoor pool. Included breakfast is actually just a coupon for eggs and (unfortunately this morning, cold) toast in the attached restaurant. Desk staff is friendly. Overall it is a place I'd send friends on a budget.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 26 December 2011

I've stayed here 4 or 5 times over the past year and a half with my now 7 year old on Storyland excursions and the like and it's great for what you pay for. It's not the Ritz but it's clean, cheap and conveniently located.

It's more or less quiet, the Blueberry Muffin restaurant next door is a convenient place to have a quick bite before hitting the slopes, trails, or whatever activity you'll be spending the day doing. The pool and jacuzzi get the job done although like one reviewer pointed out, the pool is very small. I've never seen the outdoor pool but it could be because in the summer we usually stay at other places. One reviewer said they found this place "nasty" but this has never been my experience here and I have stayed here at different times of the year. It's always clean because believe me if it weren't I am uber-picky about cleanliness and wouldn't return.

Bottom line this is an excellent place to stay when you want to budget your money, or just be in town for a few days spend the majority of your time outdoors. If you are looking for a place to loll around in and feel luxurious this aint it. But when I don't care about luxury, this is the first place on my list and I will be definitely be returning again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
New Brunswick
Reviewed 12 November 2011

Clean comfortable rooms well priced. the staff are amazing and the manager laurie rolfe is a sweetie as is her co worker Kelly. The big attractionis their Blue Berry Muffin resturaunt wow the food is amazing and the service is great. This motel is a home away from home. They have an indoor pool and hot tub and they have an out door pool as well.

Room Tip: They have pet friendly rooms, The rooms out back have gas fireplace and jacuzzi tubs.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Auburn, Maine
Reviewed 9 November 2011

Just got back from a girls weekend of shopping. This hotel had a great rate. I asked if any rooms were renovated and they indicated the bottom floor had been, so that's what we booked. The room was adequate - nothing spectacular. It was clean and that's what matters most to me. Not fancy, but had a small fridge and table. There was no shampoo, hair dryer, etc. The doors lock with a key, and a chain across - not exactly what I was used to. They provide you with a breakfast coupon at the attached restaurant. We used the coupon towards a different meal and it was very good. We didn't use the pool or hot tub, but both looked great. The front desk staff were very friendly - offered us shopping coupons and tips for where to eat. The room only had 2 towels and when we asked for more, they gave us a stack of them.

This motel was quiet, convenient to shopping and clean. We would stay there again for our next shopping expedition.

Room Tip: If the bottom rooms are the ones renovated, I'm not sure that I'd try the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends