“Fair at best”

Horsefeathers
Ranked #16 of 94 Restaurants in North Conway
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Cheap Eats, Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids, Bar Scene
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Our landmark North Conway, New Hampshire restaurant has been serving up Sustenence, Merriment & Cheer since 1976. Our food is legendary, our service is warm, our style is definitely neighborhood. Mt. Washington Valley's most popular restaurant open 11am to 11pm seven days a week.
“Fair at best”
Reviewed 8 August 2012 via mobile

Cant beat the location for a bite if you ate shopping / walking around the town. However both food and service leave much to be desired. We were seated in the ice cream parlor ( would have preferred the restaurant) and had no idea there was another choice until I went to the restroom. Was loud and uncomfotrable.It is basic pub like food. We ended up there because there was no wait, and can understand why. It is fine in a pinch for hungry kids but if u want a relaxing dinner of above average quality, I'd head out of town.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Medway, Ma
“Great Location”
Reviewed 2 August 2012

We had dinner there on a Friday night. My wife & I herd the food was good so we gave it a try. We were givin a booth in a Ice Cream Parlor. They should have asked if we wanted to eat in the parlor or in another room and at the same time we should have asked to eat in the other parts of the resturaunt just by the way it looked. Atmosphere is half the meal. If you go as a couple eat in another room. Our dinner was good.

• Visited July 2012
Chichester, New Hampshire
“Completely amazing burger”
Reviewed 2 August 2012

I hadn't been to Horsefeathers in many years, and this was a welcome treat. It is a no fuss place with a great lunch menu and reasonable prices. Our waitress was beyond excellent and the burger we had to share (a HUGE 1/2 pounder) was cooked to perfection - without question the best, juiciest, most flavorful burger I've had in...well, I can't even think when. Gotta love the Horsefries, too. Maybe it's a good thing that the restaurant is a substantial drive for me! GO!!!

• Visited August 2012
Leominster, Massachusetts
“An Awesome Surprise!”
Reviewed 31 July 2012

My family and I ate here with a comp'd gift card from an area motel, and had no idea this place even existed before. All four of our meals were fantastic. I got the Pulled Pork Burrito and nearly burst finishing the huge thing...but it was so tasty I couldn't stop myself. The decor is also very cool. Nifty-Fiftys?
I think we found a new regular stop!

Visited July 2012
“Not the same Horsefeathers I remember”
Reviewed 27 July 2012

Fortunately when we arrived in NH there was no wait on a Saturday night at 7 pm.I had been to Horsefeathers a few times but have not been back to No. Conway in 6 years. The service was good, the atmosphere is now a 50's ice cream parlor. The menu is kind of all over the place and the portions have shrunk immensely...The food was good but no Wow factor, don't know if I would return for dinner but maybe for ice cream.