“Best Fajitas in the area”

El Rodeo Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 33 Restaurants in Newington
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: El Rodeo Mexican Restaurant is Newington, NH's home for the best Mexican food in town. We serve only the most authentic of Mexican food, with ingredients so fresh that your mouth will water at the site of our dishes. From our salsa and guacamole to our salads and tacos, everything is made with the finest, and freshest ingredients you can find. If you are looking for a friendly and local Mexican eatery, you have found the right place. El Rodeo Mexican Restaurant is family owned and operated by chefs and employees that know Mexican food. So stop by our restaurant, take a load off and eat some good Mexican food with us. We are excited to have you!
Reviewed 5 August 2018

Fresh vegetables, tender meats and great beans and rice. Very friendly staff. We love it and have been back often

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 25 July 2018

Went with a group of 8, we all had different things and zero complaints. The margaritas were big and tasty. Even had some killer churros for dessert. Staff was helpful and friendly. Will definitely go back when we are back in town.

Reviewed 24 July 2018

Went to this restaurant on the recommendation from one of the guests that the El Rodeo in Concord was outstanding. Arrived at 6pm and the place was totally empty. Warning clue #1. Of course the obligatory margarita was ordered; we asked for their house special not the $14 upgrade. Warning #2. The house drink is made with the cheapest margarita mix perhaps purchased at some grocery store. This is NOT how they make margaritas in Mexico. The large glass is to make a great impression that you are getting something special. It is not special, in fact one of our guests requested limes to add to the drink in an effort to cut the cloying sweetness of the mix. Should have just asked for a shot of tequila.
The food was beyond horrible. Two plates of Stuffed Poblano arrived swimming in a mucous of green gravy (this dish was a hit at the concord location). The shredded pork was from days ago given the sour taste and slimey texture. Two of us ordered the Mexican street corn and we all know that it is finished on a grill, queso fresco, lime juice, seasoning right? The cob version pretended to be street corn but the "cup" version was an entire sundae glass of frozen corn kernels. No grill marks, no queso, swimming in lime juice. When we asked what the hell that dish was if not what advertised, the server (claims he was from Mexico!) admitted that they just used frozen corn and then had the nerve to giggle about it.
Both plates of poblano were returned as well as the corn. Do you think they could have removed the fake corn from the bill? Nope, just a lot of giggling and grinning. Assuredly we will not return.

1  Thank tatsa
Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

The food was probably the best Mexican style dinner I have had in New Hampshire - It was definitely very much like something I’ve eaten for a meal in Mexico! The staff was very friendly, but extraordinarily understaffed, meaning waiting for food and other things took a very long time. The food was definitely excellent and I would go back, but I’d make sure I had plenty of margaritas ordered to keep me busy during the wait time!

Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

I stopped here for dinner as I was staying close to where this restaurant is located. I was seated immediately, however it took about five minutes to get chips and salsa delivered to my table. I ordered the burritos and they were good but not great. My server never checked back with me until I had finished my meal and was waiting for my check.

Date of visit: April 2018