“Everything we needed & more”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Sunapee Lake Lodge

Sunapee Lake Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mount Sunapee
“Everything we needed & more”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

My family & I have stayed here a number of times over the years, everything from check in to the shuttle ride to Mt. Sunapee was great yet again during our most recent trip. We met new faces this year which is always fun & look forward to our next stay hopefully soon for some great spring skiing! Thank you to all the friendly helpful staff!

• Stayed March 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Manchester, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

I was running late and needed a place to stay and stopped in to the Best Western in Sunapee, NH. The lady at the front desk was welcoming and very helpful. I was directed to my room and informed about all the ammenities. My room was clean and fresh and I was able to relax a bit before I used the indoor pool. Later I walked to the restaurant for a quick bite and wandered across the street to the general store; snacks for later. Breakfast the next morning was simple and quick and just right.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Susan S
Halifax, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

Hair in the shower drain upon checkin, the room key "sleeve" had someone elses name written on it, scribbled out...cheap? or the person who was supposed to get that room thought was dirty and they moved them? well, either way it wasnt cleaned before they gave it to me. The bed had a huge worn out low spot in it.....The free "continental" breakfast DOESNT EXSIST AND IS A LIE ON THERE WEBSITE! They give you a token to take the resteraunt next door where you get $4 off any menu item! Umm, I just wanted the usual free muffin for the road..... went to the resteraunt next door where there were 3 other customer there, yet took 10 min just to be seated....and then 55min for the pancakes to arrive!!! So much for being on the first chair at the Mt. that morning :( After eater we went back next door to get out stuff from the room and grab our lift tickets (ski and stay pacakge) and check ou, at 9am. Well....we COULDNT GET BACK INO THE ROOM BECAUSE THE LADY AT THE FRONT DESK TOOK IT UPON HERSELF TO CHECK UP OUT WHILE WE WERE AT BREAKFAST!.... so....another 10min wait at the front desk for the woman to turn my key back on so I could get in the room and get my belongings and then checkout....grrrr

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Mount Sunapee hotels

Boston, MA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2012

I stayed here last weekend with my son (12 yo) for skiing at Mt. Sunapee. It's super convenient, practically at the entrance to the access road. It's safe and clean. Newer beds + comforters, quite comfy. Definitely no frills; it's not romantic or cozy, just a room to crash in. But for the price we paid ($99) it is totally adequate and just what we were looking for. Free wifi (fast too), TV, fine bathroom, good shower. Could it have been nicer? Sure. If you could find a more homey place in the same area for the same price, I'd say take it. The included breakfast is poor (cereal, coffee, juice, very limited hot options); I suggest walking over to Digby's (across the parking lot) for a big breakfast if that's what you want.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Warwick, Rhode Island
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2011

We stayed for a weekend for a wedding. My problem is that on the day of the wedding we went to get ready at 1pm in the afternoon and there was no hot water. We had 3 rooms and none of them had hot water. We were told the hotel was full and too many people took showers. Are you kidding me! They took nothing off our bill for the inconvenience and made us feel like it was our fault.
They staff was friendly except for the people at the front desk who were annoyed that we were complaining. Maybe they need to take a cold shower.
The room for 2 nights was $370.00 which is way over priced for a Best Western give me a brake. We didn't have hot water. They did nothing to try to remedy the situation if they had I definetly would of gave them a much higher rating because the room was clean and the bed was comfortable.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
10.5 km away
The New London Inn
The New London Inn
#2 of 6 in New London

Been to Sunapee Lake Lodge? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK