“Brenda”
Review of Village Kitchen

Village Kitchen
Reviewed 22 May 2012

Super breakfast, quick service, friendly waitstaff

1  Thank Brenda F
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 1 May 2012

Poor customer service!! Unbelievable what happened, I thought I was on candid camera! We went there the other night for dinner, while looking at the menu for drinks for my kids (which don't come with the kids' meals??), I saw that it said "MILK" for $1.99. I thought that $1.99 was too much to pay for a glass of milk, but decided to get them both chocolate milks. When the check came, I noticed that I was charged $5.00 for both milks. I went up to the cash register and explained that I had been overcharged by a dollar. The waitress behind the register explained to me, in a very condescending tone, that CHOCOLATE milk is more expensive. I asked her to show me where it says that on the menu. She shrugged and said, "It doesn't say it on the menu, but chocolate milk is more money." I pointed out that on the MENU the price was designated for $1.99, and it did not distinguish between chocolate or white milk. She went and got our waitress, who also was very rude and actually told me (get this!!) that on the LUNCH MENU it said that chocolate milk is $2.50 per glass. I pointed out that on the menu that I WAS GIVEN it stated that milk is $1.99, and did not distinguish between chocolate and white milk, and could they please take the extra dollar off the bill. Both women were now giving me this incredulous look, as if I were demanding to have the entire meal for free! Finally, one of them went to talk to the manager. When our waitress returned, she told me that the manager would take off the dollar THIS TIME, but not to expect that next time. I informed her that no one was doing me a big favor by giving me the drinks at the price they were listed at on the menu. Unbelievable! Left a small tip for the poor service and aggravation, will not be back. It seems like the worse the economy is, the more people try to screw you over! I seem to get aggravated every time I go out to eat lately by poor treatment, hope that $1.00 was worth losing a customer and getting a bad review!

11  Thank mello11
Reviewed 28 April 2012 via mobile

This place has a great selection at reasonable prices. Alot of breakfast choices. You order your food and in five minutes or less its on the table.

2  Thank millertime68
Reviewed 26 January 2012

A well run casual restauraunt near the big lake, nice food and good prices. Great place to meet friends and take the family for a simple, casual meal.

2  Thank EricNh
Reviewed 29 December 2011

This place has been a family favorite of ours for years. We love their sticky buns, pancakes, and fresh eggs. The staff is really friendly, and are always topping off your coffee. The line outside can get long on the weekends, but the wait is worth it.

3  Thank HungryPhotog