“Unique lunch”

Big Kahuna's Cafe & Grill
Ranked #34 of 73 Restaurants in Merrimack
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Had the vegetarian soup and the veggie burger. Both in crockery bowls. The burger you can designate as to whether it is in a wrap, a bowl, or some other configuration. The soup was a dark base with celery, onion, beets, carrots, potatoes, and it was tasty. On top of the burger bowl was an orange slice and some red grapes. The bowl was lined with greens, probably leaf lettuce. The portion was big. The decor was eclectic - different than the Big Kahunas in Atlanta which seemed more geared to the corporate crowd that populates the hotels around it. This Merrimack Big Kahunas has a definite laid back vibe.

Reviewed 23 February 2018

I can not say enough good about this place! I wish there was a location in my town. Went for lunch for my husband's birthday and the play and the people and the food was awesome. It started with a detailed explanation of how their menu worked. Then we ordered and sat in such a fun space. I felt like a native regular hanging out in a Hawaiian shop. They our food came out and it looked incredible and tasted even better. So fresh and such a burst of flavors in my mouth. I have a bowl and my hubby had a burger. We are dying to go back. Loved the people, the feel and our lunch!!

1  Thank pluto1075
Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

What a fantastic meal. The restaurant is pretty low key from the outside, but once inside there is a great vibe. Lunch was very filling, I had the Cali Chicken salad and my husband had a burger bowl, both were delicious and beyond expectation. The staff was very warm and friendly. Will definitely be returning. Great way to end a busy morning of shopping.

Reviewed 5 January 2018

Who would have imagined...we needed a bomb cyclone blizzard to bring us into Big Kahunas! We are adventure seekers who love a drive in the snow. Facebook alerted us to the fact Big Kahunas was despite snow covered roads. Immediately thought these guys make sense, after all this is NH. Drove into the snow covered parking area and were immediately welcomed as we stomped our feet. First impression- this is a cool, eclectic place. Scanned the paper menu as the cashier pointed to a blackboard. Ordered two egg scrambies as we are both watching our carb intake. When I declined the root hash (contained potatoes) I was offered kale. Must be heaven! Short wait at a window table watching falling flakes. Meal was excellent - eggs with peppers, onion and bacon. Delicious kale. Jon Paul, the owner, came out of the kitchen to chat (wonder if he wanted to get a peek of the crazed snow travelers). Great conversation. Can’t wait to return - next time will try grass fed burger bowl. Loved the decor, flexibility of menu, friendliness.

Reviewed 21 December 2017

Takeout for a get together. Food was excellent. Service was so friendly. They even marked all of the orders with names so we knew who got what. So many menu options and all looked great. The prices were a little high but for the quality of the food it is well worth it.