All reviewscourtyard marriottolive gardenfront deskroom was cleanrestaurants and shoppingnew hampshirelobby areabusiness travelan upgradenight's sleepice machinefirst floorking roomhighly recommend this hotelhot tubmanchester boston regional airporthockey tournament
Reviewed 4 January 2018

The staff was wonderful when we had to change rooms because of noise in the room above us and next door. The location and price worked for us over Christmas. Only complaint is sound proofing. Otherwise clean and very friendly staff at the desk and in the breakfast area.

Room Tip: stay on third floor since that is the top floor
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

Our stay was part of our hockey tournament in Hooksett. I say this to acknowledge the busyness of the hotel at this time. I have no issues with the cleanliness of the hotel or the rooms more the service and issues encountered at check in.

With that being said, my husband checked in at 6 am using the mobile check in. We were confirmed as checked in and had booked the room back in August/September. We had a confirmed check in and had confirmed adjoining rooms the day prior and at mobile check in.

Upon arrival at the hotel, I was informed the room we received check in confirmation for was provided to someone else. We were then assigned another room. Upon entry to the newly assigned room - the room was already occupied. We quickly exited the room and went back to the front desk. I was then informed we have been assigned the last available room in the entire hotel (odd - our reservation was made in Aug/Sept. so there should be a room for me unless the hotel oversold rooms) and that the room was not ready - it’s 3:15 pm (we “checked in” at 6 am). I asked how long until the room was available - I was informed maybe 30 mins. I asked Jesse (working at the front desk) should I just wait in the lobby and come back in 30 minutes to check in and she said no, I’ve already checked in with the mobile app. This makes no sense as my room had been reassigned after check in. After about a 5-10 minute wait, not long at all, my room was ready, earlier than anticipated. The room is clean, no issues there.

My advice:
1. Don’t bother using the mobile check in app -it doesn’t guarantee anything.
2. Don’t ask about the mobile app- staff cannot provide any information related to how you can check in, be told your room is ready and it not be available and better yet, reassigned when you arrive.
3. If you are sold out due to a hockey tournament - maybe add additional staff to to take care of the “craziness” when assigning rooms.
Disappointed check in did not go at all smoothly.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Troy B, General Manager at Courtyard Manchester-Boston Regional Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2017

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your poor mobil check in experience. Unfortunately we can not guarantee connecting rooms, as there are a limited amount of them and they are assigned on a first come first serve basis as guests arrive at the hotel. I understand you used the mobil check in app, however this does not allow you to choose specific rooms. I am happy that we were eventually able to accommodate your requests.

Yours in hospitality,

Reviewed 25 December 2017 via mobile

I must say I’m not impressed with this hotel. It used to be good but recently everything went down hill. From the front desk staff, to the room not being properly cleaned. The front desk staff was nice at first, very helpful, but when problems came around they didn’t do anything. For example, they have this “give away” thing for members, but did they ask if I wanted to pick a number? Nope!!! So missed out on that one. Then the room itself... not cleaned! I mean from dirt on the ground to dead ants all over the bathroom floor, and a couple of live ants I caught walking around!!! What did the staff do to prevent this? Why are there ants in my room? And why are there dead ants in the bathroom? Gross!! So the only thing we got out of it was a few points for it. Not “sorry” not “let me make the night stay free” nothing!!! I’m glad to have found this out now, because I had plans to stay there another time. But I cancelled and went elsewhere.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Troy B, Manager at Courtyard Manchester-Boston Regional Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2017

Thank you for continuing to share your recent experience with us at the Courtyard by Marriott in Manchester, NH. I understand your continued concern however we are very proud of our hotel for consistently ranking among the cleanest and friendliest hotels, not only in Manchester but throughout the United States. We maintain the highest standards for any and all pests. If something sweet had fallen on the floor in your room, then it is inevitable that a few ants will come for the treat, no matter the season or location. The "give away" you referred to is a special we chose to do at our property for the holiday season. We randomly select guests to choose an ornament from our tree, the ornaments are numbered and correspond to a gift for the guest. This is one of many small gestures we do to show our appreciation to our loyal Marriott Rewards guests. We understand and respect your decision to choose an alternate property for your next stay in the Manchester area. We will continue to treat the guests that choose us as members of our fun, loving Marriott family.

Reviewed 25 December 2017 via mobile

Stayed two nights. The staff was friendly and the room was clean.
*Pros: Friendly staff, comfortable bed, good desk for working, quite with good isolation from adjacent rooms. On time airport shuttle
*Cons: breakfast was costly. pillows were to thick.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 November 2017

Our stay at the Courtyard was nice. There is a mall 2 blocks away and restaurant everywhere. Probably a $8 Uber ride downtown. While the hotel was excellent, it needs a couple of touch ups. The Air grate in the pool area is totally disgusting. A $100 fix. The shower curtains in our room were falling a bit as the shower rod hardwear was rotting. $12 per room fix if it need it. Other than that, great hotel and I would stay again.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business