“One of our favorite restaurants”

The Foundry Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Foundry Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 441 Restaurants in Manchester
Reviewed 4 August 2018

When we tire of restaurants in our area, we head down to the Foundry and have never been disappointed. We tend to eat at the bar for a more informal experience but have also been seated in the restaurant (I recommend a table by a window as it's a nice view of the river.) The bar staff is top notch- friendly, professional and helpful. I had a special dietary request, and they were most accommodating and the meal was delicious! Love the oysters there- that's pretty much a must-have for us. They have done a wonderful job of maintaining the feel of an old mill too. We always look forward to an evening at the Foundry!

Reviewed 20 July 2018 via mobile

I have really enjoyed The Foundry on numerous occasions. I looked forward to having relatives from Connecticut and California join me at this lovely restaurant. There were 9 of us. ONE meal was enjoyable! The pea soup was reddish orange. (What kind of peas did they use?) The potato pancake that accompanied the beef was soft on one side and burned on the other. The steak had an inordinate amount of grizzle and could barely be cut with a steak knife. The orders of delicate scallops were cooked perfectly and totally covered with a rich heavy sauce totally unsuitable for any seafood dish. The fries were delicious. The mashed potato was soft and runny.
What a disaster! The manager was new on the job and had no idea how to provide customer satisfaction. He offered to comp the scallops and provide 3 $25.00 gift cards. Then he comped the scallops and withdrew the gift card offer.
Not only was the food unacceptable, but so was the Manager’s inability to cope with an unfortunate situation.
It appears that major changes need to occur before I can again recommend The Foundry to family and friends.

4  Thank JPJudith
Reviewed 19 July 2018

We had a get together last night and we were on the patio. We were not allowed to pull tables together (there were about 18 of us), so some of had to stand (no problem - we did not mind at all). However, it was a casual work related get together - and two of my coworkers stopped at the bar to order their drinks (a draft and a wine) and then came out to the patio. They had to stand, as they were not allowed to pull a table over, as I previously mentioned. They were approached by the manager who LOUDLY proclaimed "There is a server in this section. By going to the bar you are ROBBING the server of his tip. The server will get you what you need." Are you KIDDING ME??? My co-workers were passing the bar, and grabbed a draft and a wine! To be ridiculed loudly by a manager is unacceptable and ridiculous. We all work nearby, and will not be back to The Foundry ever again.

Date of visit: July 2018
FoundryNH, General Manager at The Foundry Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2018

Hi. My name is Jim and I am the GM. If you could describe the manager to me that would be great. This is not how we do business at the foundry and I want to fix this right away. I would also like to send you a gift card to return so we can make this right. Let me know your address and I will send it right away. Once again I am sorry for what has happened and I am embarrassed for us. Thank you for the feedback and have a great day.

Reviewed 15 July 2018

Have always enjoyed the ambiance but the food is tragic. $12 for three mini meatballs that taste like they haven't seen a spice before in their lives. The short rib seriously tasted like water, nothing. Just unfortunate for a cool environment. Don't see the need to go back with plenty of other options in the area.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 10 July 2018

This is not a new restaurant but we just found it last weekend. It reminded me of The Poynt in Newburyport. It's a remodeled in an old mill building with many beers on tap and a lively atmosphere.. There is a great bar area and an outside deck. I think the added space outside allowed us to get in at prime time on a Saturday. As always, we sat at the bar.
I liked the menu. It's nice to be a bit conflicted with good choices. I also like the numerous small plates / aps and they had a short "bar menu" that was attractive. Nice!

I got seared tuna that was very good but done just a touch too much for me, I like my tuna very rare. My wife got an eggplant dish that was OK but not super.

One thing that made me a little upset was the cost of our drinks. My SoCo Manhattan was $13 probably because there are 2 kinds of alcohol in the drink. Southern Comfort & vermouth. Still it's about as inexpensive a drink as can be made. My wife's Hendrick's & Tonic was $10!! Hendrick's is very expensive but they hardly put any in her drink. So a poor grade for the bartender.
We will go back but ask some questions next time.
Hope this is helpful.