“Buffet Lunch”

Taj India
Ranked #29 of 426 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 8 May 2018

I finally got a chance to try out Taj India today. Had lunch with my daughter and we both decided on the buffet. Absolutely no disappointment with the selection and freshness! The food was tasty and had an assortment of sauces available. The tea was also delicious with the blend of spices used to make. A great experience!

Reviewed 21 April 2018

I was really surprised at how good this buffet was! Both the amount of choices and the quality of the dishes. I didn't even have room to try everything. I tried type of bread/naan that I hadn't seen before. It had a crusty exterior with a potato filing.absolutely delicious. Many veg options too. I will visit again next time I am in Manchester.

Reviewed 19 April 2018 via mobile

All past visits, I have seen roaches. Looked at their restaurant scores and realized why I always get an upset stomach there. I like the affordable buffet but hate how dirty it is.

Reviewed 23 March 2018

Dinner party: Me, Mrs Squatch, and a local Manchester couple who are friends. The local couple don't eat out often and wanted to eat Indian food. Based on local reviews we chose the Taj India.

We chose well.

We ordered items that are standard on most Indian restaurant menus. The waiter asked us how spicy we wanted our dishes. I asked for spicy. Mrs. Squatch, as usual, asked for incendiary.

The meals were spiced exactly as we had ordered. They were well-seasoned and delicious, as good as any Indian food we've had in 40+ years of eating Indian food. The portions were very large. We finished only half of our order and took home the remainder to eat the next day.

Prices for our meals were of the same order of magnitude of other Indian places we've eaten. The large portions made our meals a better value than most Indian places we've eaten.

The restaurant was bright and airy, with nice table spacing and large windows that offered great views of the city streets.

The one flaw in our visit was the waiter giving us a not-too-subtle Bum's Rush. We were nearly finished with out meals by about 20 minutes before closing time when the waiter began telling us, "We close at 9:30." We got the hint and asked for boxes for our leftovers. We paid our bill promptly and tipped 20%. The waiter left at 9:30 on the dot and didn't let the door hit him on the rear end on the way out.

Reviewed 2 February 2018

Excellent food! Naan was the best ever with some fresh garlic and herbs. The buffet isn't large but had a good assortment. Everything was very fresh. The Masala chai tea was some of the best I've had and included with the buffet.

1  Thank ltlmt