“Fried Feta!!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 30 July 2018

The Puritan Backroom has ginormous portions of food.. which can be shared by like 3, in some dishes.. the fried feta is my favorite app. and a must try.. The chicken fingers (any flavor) and the mac and cheese are always delicious.. I love to get the chicken fingers in my chicken parm. as they add a sweetness that is different than any other chicken parm. The ice cream is yummy, as well.

Reviewed 26 July 2018

The wait says it all. We went on a Weds night and there was a wait. Half hour. Once seated we both commented on the service from our waitress-she really did great. Of course we had to try the tenders- so split the sampler appetizer. It was huge, and probably the best tenders we have had. Tender, crispy, piping hot and delicious. Dinners come with a Greek salad and warm bread. I had the lamb kabobs with rice. My wife had the chicken cordon blue. The kabobs were good, the rice a bit dry. The cordon blue was not the traditional and came with a tangy sauce. All good though. We will be back the next time we are in Manchester for dinner.

Reviewed 23 July 2018

This place reminded me of restaurants I worked in back in the 60's and 70's. But it was clean and fresh, and very welcoming. They have been in business for 100 years, and a real family run operation. Menu is very typical, but the food is well prepared, fresh, and plentiful. Service is old-school and friendly. We were there at the lunch hour and it was packed and a bit noisy. But, well worth a try.

Reviewed 23 July 2018

Locals love this place - as you will see by the long lines waiting to get in. I have been coming here since I was a child - it has always been great. The food is good and the service great. This family owned and operated place has pride in its reputation and makes sure to keep customers coming back.

Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

Best chicken tenders and Greek salad. The Greek salad is always ice cold and so fresh. Don’t forget to have a mudslide you won’t be disappointed.