New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Manchester Airport

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Manchester Airport
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Manchester
New Brunswick
“Greatly improved over two years ago”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

Previously had some bad experiences at this hotel, I thought I would give it one more chance, and I am glad I did!

I had stayed at this hotel several times over the last three years. The last few times I stayed, it had been terrible. Cigarette smoke and marijuana smoke all throughout the hotel, children playing in the hallways while their parents partied all weekend with their room doors open. Hotel staff did nothing. It was a very strange experience as I have stayed at Holiday Inn Express hotels all over the US and never encountered the whole "smoke pot while the children play in the hallway" thing before.

It really seems like a whole new hotel. This hotel appears to have been renovated, nice new carpet, and fresh smelling (no stale cigarette smoke). All new staff as well, it seems. Front desk very warm and friendly (shout out to Paul(?) who is *awesome*). I was impressed at how this hotel has really turned itself around.

Shuttle is great if you are going to the airport or just want an evening out without having to worry about driving. Its a pretty good location, near restaurants and the mall.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to the Manchester, NH area.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
hiexpressnh, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 17 April 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive thoughts and comments. My team and I have worked very hard to change the property, and I am glad you were able to see the change. We have spent a lot of money on the physical part of the hotel but also the team, to make sure we are equipped to take care of our guests. We are very proud to be part of the Holiday Inn Express brand.
Kenneth Tarara
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Danby, Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

A great place to stay - especially if you are having an early flight at the Manchester NH airport - the Park and Fly is so convenient, and the hotel shuttle will take you just about anywhere in the general area. The front desk personnel brings top notch service that you would expect in more expensive hotels - we will be staying again, no doubt!

Room Tip: If you are having an extended stay, there is a lovely suite on the 3rd floor with a fireplace.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Jennifer R
hiexpressnh, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 23 March 2012
Thank you so much for taking your time to share your experience during your stay at our hotel. We appreciate your kind words about the hotel and level of service we strive to exceed. Thank you, and we look forward to your return!
Gorham, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

Nice and clean property located right next to the Mall of New Hampshire and right off the interstate. Price was reasonable and room was spacious and clean. Only complaint was the mattresses were too soft. Hallway noise was not too bad, we asked for a quiet room so this probably helped. Complimentary breakfast was good and the dining area was very clean. All staff were very friendly. The have a guest laundry, indoor pool and gym.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet zone...away from people with children
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel. I am glad you were able to enjoy our free hot breakfast and great service. We work very hard to meet and exceed the expectations of our guests. Thank you for also letting us know about your sleep experience, I would encourage you to reach out to me regarding the room you were in to research the reason your mattress was soft. We look forward to welcoming you back!
Tuftonboro, NH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

This hotel is rapidly becoming my favorite hotel. I enjoyed one of the jacuzzi suites, complete with fireplace. After a long day of traveling, that jacuzzi was great. Hotel pickup was waiting for me on arrival (called from baggage), which I don't think has ever happened to me before! Front desk staff was courteous and greeted me on arrival like i was an old friend. They still run the free laundry service for those who need it, which is another first in my book. Management here wants their guests to come back, and for me, it works.

Room Tip: The fireplace suites with Jacuzzi are located on all floors I believe, a really worthwhile upgrade
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We are glad to hear you recognize our hotel as a growing favorite! I certainty appreciate the time you spent to share your experience about the hotel. We look forward to serving you when you come back to your home in Manchester!
Agawam, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2012

We had a marvelous stay in Manchester at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites. Wonderful interiors, very good service and an excellent night sleep too. Mark gave us a great recommendation for a local restaurant that was kid friendly. Very reasonably priced too for a city hotel. My only qualm was there wasn't much to do in the area since everything seemed to close a little too early each evening. Luckily they hotel installed a Wii in there conference room and allowed my grandkids to use on their wide screen tv. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for noticing the large renovation we have undergone. From Carpets, TV's, Bedding, and many other upgrades we are proud of our product, and World Class Service! I am glad you had an opportunity to take advantage of the Wii that is complimentary for guests, another added bonus. I will share with Mark your kind words, and we look forward to seeing you soon!