“Great Food, Very Slow Service”

Mangia Italian Restaurant
Ranked #73 of 434 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 May 2018

Most restaurants make money on selling wine/alcohol, but Mangia focuses their revenue stream on the food and it is really good. However, I think because this cute little restaurant is BYOB, their wait staff is limited. Which means long waits for food, difficulty getting the attention of your waiter for things like new napkins or plates to share an appetizer. This can frustrate most people. For me, it just meant spending more time with friends, enjoying the wine you bought for $15.00 (opened by your waiter for a small fee) and smiling when the bill comes and you had a really good meal for $37.50 each (appetizer, main and shared desert). I would definitely go again just for the food.

Reviewed 19 April 2018 via mobile

I had the veal chicken marsala with cream and ordered meatballs. So, so good!! I'm still thinking about it the next day.

They have the best service. I love the experience here. It's so relaxing, the food is great and I love BYOB. It's my favorite restaurant. Never had a bad experience here. Soooo good.

Reviewed 16 March 2018

Arrived for our 6pm reservation and were seated immediately. We ordered the bruschetta/garlic bread combination and it was wonderful. I had the spinach salad which I enjoyed while my husband had the soup. Although the soup arrived hot, he was not a fan of the flavor. I had a chicken dish (Pollo Valdostana) while my husband had the veal special. Both arrived hot and excellently prepared. We finished the evening by splitting a triple cannoli dessert which was served with cream and strawberries.. We had a relaxed dinner at a quaint spot and had the pleasure of bringing our own wine.

Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

Mangia is a quaint and cozy restaurant in the south end of Manchester. It has an atmosphere picturesque of a small Italian family kitchen as you would see in Italy, and very inviting. The restaurant has roughly 14 tables, and you will definitely need reservations for dining on the weekend.

The waitstaff is very welcoming and friendly, and their to offer suggestions. The menu is simple, and has all of the basic elements you would expect. As out first time there, we ordered Caesar salads, the combo garlic bread and bruschetta, Chicken Parmigiana, and a special, Vittillo Poppolo (a veal and sausage dish).

Sales were chilled and crisp with homemade croutons, dressing and parmigiana cheese. Our appetizer combo arrived at the table, and we were amazed by the amazing aroma of fresh spices. When we tried both of the items, the flavors just bursted in your mouth. Absolutely outstanding... just enough to tease your taste buds. We were floored by just how good they were. We love Italian, and have had some very good food.... this is right up there. Great presentation. As the main course arrived, we continued to be very pleased. The food tasted so fresh, and was just as robust in flavors as the apps. The pasta was done perfectly, and the meals well prepared, not over done, no heavy breading or overpowering sauce, and the portions were right sized. Absolutely enjoyed the meal.

What was also made for a great evening was that it was not rushed. The food preparation took a while, but the experience was excellent in that you could hold conversation, enjoy your BYOB, and just have a relaxing dinner. Somewhat unheard of in today’s society.

Really appreciate what Mangia has done, and we’ll definitely be back. Best kept secret in Manchester.

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

A fantastic meal in a very intimate cozy restaurant in Manchester! Service was outstanding & very friendly!
All the food was excellent. The bruschetta was the best ever!
All three of us had probably the best Italian meals ever!
Would go here anytime we’re back in NH!