“Hot Summer Night”

Firefly American Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Firefly American Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 426 Restaurants in Manchester
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 32
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: near Elm & Lowell Streets
Description: Firefly American Bistro & Bar is a casually upscale American bistro situated in the heart of Manchester"s downtown district. Firefly embraces the concept of comfort dining by offering inspired classic American fare in a warm, inviting atmosphere. Firefly's extensive wine list, craft beer selections, and creative cocktails compliment the time-honored yet innovative creations of Chef David Becker's seasonal menus, which burst with flavors from around the world. The uptown atmosphere is accentuated by downtown hospitality and friendly, professional service.
Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

This past Friday I met a bunch of my old I-workers for dinner and drinks. We wanted some place where we could sit outside. Even though it was the first night of the heat wave it was still very pleasant. They have a wide variety of drinks and a neck wine menu. Then a very eclectic menu, from steak frites to shrimp etouffee. They have a gluten free menu as well. I am doing Keto, and they were very accommodating. I have eaten brunch here before and enjoyed that too. Highly recommend

Rachael J, Manager at Firefly American Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2018

Hi Hillary,

Thank you so much for your review! I’m very glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent dinner and drinks, and for sharing the love for our awesome patio and drinks! We hope this means that we’ll be able to see you all again soon.

Until then,

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

Came to Manchester on business and went here at the advice of the front desk at the Holiday Inn airport and Trip Advisor

Lindsey was an excellent. Had the Ceasar with anchovies and then the catch of the day - Cod with and excellent sauce, rissoto and asparagus.
Had an excellent White Rioja and espresso

Wine list and cocktail offering great with an interesting beer list as well.

Atmosphere relaxed
Outside dining also

Come, enjoy

Rachael J, Manager at Firefly American Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Hi Bill,
Thank you for your feedback & review! We are so glad that you were able to join us on your recent trip to Manchester, and that you enjoyed your experience with us. Thank you for your support, and we hope this means we'll be able to see you again when you're back in town!

Reviewed 30 May 2018

We were hunting around for a quick Sunday breakfast after leaving another eatery when service became too slow and happened upon Firefly. It took a few minutes to sit us down but eventually we landed a table for two between other patrons. Firefly sits on a side street to the up-and-coming Elm Street of Manchester, NH, so it could be easy to miss. We both ordered the veggie omelet which took up most of the plate upon arrival (which did take quite a few minutes) but it was filling and enjoyable. We manged a parking spot just outside the restaurant (it was Sunday) but probably a challenge most other days. Firefly featured a bar area with flat screens for sports viewing but the overall foot traffic could be cozy if the restaurant is at full capacity.

Rachael J, Manager at Firefly American Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2018

Hi YkrsNative,
Thank you so much for visiting, and for your review! We’re so glad to hear that you were able to join us for our busy Sunday brunch, and enjoyed your veggie omelets. We hope this means that we’ll be able to see you again soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

I don’t head to Manchester very often so I missed this place which has been around for 9 years. Very nice ambiance. Large place with a decent bar. Very attractive furnishings. Food was reasonably priced. I had the spinach salad with bacon, pine nuts, and fried goat cheese. Enough for me to bring home for dinner. Very good selection of beer. Very good service. Easy parking.

Rachael J, Manager at Firefly American Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2018

Hi Margaret,
We're so glad that you were able to visit us on your recent trip to Manchester - and thank you for your review! It means a lot to hear that you're a fan, and hopefully this means we'll be able to see you again when you're back in town.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

My wife and I visited Firefly for the first time for my birthday dinner with a gift certificate from my daughter. I should preface this review by saying that I'm a bit hyper-critical, since we have been in the restaurant business before. That said: We ordered wine before dinner, and both received a good pour on quality wines (Prosecco and a nice Syrah). We also ordered the "low country shrimp and grits" as an appetizer and found it to be excellent. Not over-seasoned with large shrimp, and nice cheesy grits.

My wife ordered the filet mignon (eight ounce) with green peppercorn bordelaise sauce, vermont creme fraiche, gorgonzola mashed potatoes and asparagus, cooked medium. The steak was of very good quality, cooked a bit more rare than expected (which I liked, but she ordered medium and didn't get it). Also, the bordelaise sauce was over salted, and needed to be scraped off to be palatable. The mashed potatoes were tasty, but very firm in texture. The asparagus was al dente and nicely prepared.

I ordered the braised lamb shank served over Parmesan risotto. The shank (singular, unfortunately) was well prepared, properly seasoned and fall-off-the-bone tender. The risotto was delicious with just the right amount of Parmesan cheese. The downside was the tasty, but thick, gloppy light brown gravy. I would have preferred something more like the bordelaise sauce from the filet (if it weren't so salty). We also ordered a side of broccoli, which was also al dente, a bit luke-warm, and with some brown spots. Fortunately, it was properly seasoned and edible.

The price for the meal for the two of us with one drink each, an appetizer and two mains, plus a side vegetable, was $105. Given local prices in Manchester, that seems about right. The service was very good, and warranted a 20% tip.

Overall, I would come back and try again, since we have money left on the gift card, but I think that when it is exhausted, we'll likely stick to Buckley's Great Steaks in Merrimack or the Hanover Street Chop House (which is a bit over priced but of very good quality).

Rachael J, Manager at Firefly American Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Hi ScottyPaul,
Thank you very much for your review, and happy birthday! While I’m glad that you enjoyed most of your meal with us, I’m sorry to hear that we missed the mark a bit on your entrees. I hope that we’ll be able to have you and your wife back soon to show you what we’re capable of.