“The name of the restaurant says it all...” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 40 Restaurants in Littleton
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“The name of the restaurant says it all...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2012

The name of the restaurant mirrors the names of the two owners that have worked at that location for 20 years. As we got to know our waitress, Bir, we learned the history of this unique and cozy place.

The restaurant's food was absolutely great! It was a welcoming atmosphere with only a handful of tables. The complimentary bread we had on our table was better than any bread I've had in a long time. Also, the unexpected salad was great. When our food was delivered, we were all surprised by the presentation of the food. It was a masterpiece. We felt almost guilty for eating our own meal. Yet, once we dove in we were met with great flavors and gracious sides.

If you are in the area, I would highly recommend this bistro style meal!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

London, Canada
“Don't miss out on this dining experience!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2011

From beginning to end, the dining experience at Tim-Bir Alley was DELICIOUS and we had a MOST ENJOYABLE EVENING. It was very difficult choosing our selections from the menu. EVERYTHING SOUNDED SO GOOD!! As an appetizer, we both had the sauteed sea scallops on green chile pancakes with avacado vinaigrette and lime creme fraiche (loved it). For our entrees, I chose the tuna with pear-ginger barbecue sauce and spiced pecans (the best I have ever had) and my husband chose the tournedos of beef on grilled gorgonzola polenta with smoked bacon, grilled leeks and zinfandel-thyme sauce (he said the beef melted in your mouth and the flavours were amazing). We managed to somehow find room for dessert. I had the rum glazed coconut cake with rum caramel sauce (oh my goodness, fantastic). My husband had the chocolate-hazelnut pate with strawberry puree and whipped chocolate cream (decadent!!). We both enjoyed a glass of white wine recommended by our waitress and it did not disappoint. I asked if I could have a menu to take home and show my friends and I also knew that I would have to use it as a reference to write this review. We have used this website for our other trips. We are also not foodies but we know good food and this was GOOD FOOD!! I'd highly recommend Tim-Bir Alley and I am confidant that your dining experience will have you raving to your friends as we did to ours.

• Visited September 2011
4 Thank Brian Y
Cleveland, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best meal on our trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2011

Tim-Bir Alley was recommended by our B & B hosts and it was simply delightful. The atmosphere is lovely and every aspect of our meal was more than pleasing. The selection of sides was enjoyable and delicious - prepared and presented with care. We had salad, entree and desert and each were perfect. The closing touch of a hand made truffle just ended the meal delightfully! We'll be sure to return on our next visit to the area.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank Leslie B
Austin, Texas
“Unique and delicious dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2011

This is the only place I have ever had an entree with about 8 different kinds of vegetables. It looked like a piece of art when placed before you and every single item on the plate was truly delicious. It had a pureed spinach that I didn't touch until I knew what it was and loved it. Then it had two kinds of beets, brussel sprouts, au gratin potatoes, a whole steamed carrot, snow peas, then the entree, mine was salmon and my husbands was shrimp. It was all done to perfection. You better have reservations because even tho many tables were empty when we went they were reserved and many people walked in and were not given a table without reservations. Their chocolate dessert was rich and creamy and very good....oh, did I mention that it was all gluten free! An unbelievable dinner. They only take cash! or check! no credit.

• Visited October 2011
Florida
“A Magnificent Meal!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2011

We visited Tim-Bir Alley in late September on a Sunday evening. The restaurant was surprising only half full. The ambience was quiet elegance, but with an informal feel. You dont have to be dressed up to eat here, but rowdy kids would be out of place. Before I get to the food, I will mention that my wife and I appreciate quality food and preparation, but we are by no means "foodies". We enjoy eating out, and commonly frequent many chain restaurants. We were in New Hampshire on vacation, and this restaurant was a step up from our norm.

The food was incredible. We split an appetizer (actually I ordered it for me, but oddly only got half) of seared scallops on green chili pancakes with avocado vinegarette and a lime cream fraiche. The presentation was amazing and we admired it about 30 seconds before digging in. Wow, what a fantastic melding of flavors! I expected only 2 scallops at the $9.95 price but was thrilled to find 3 huge scallops on the plate.

For entrees I ordered the red chili pepper seared chicken with black bean puree and red sweet pepper sauce. I don't typically get chicken at nice restaurants because we have it a lot at home, but this just sounded too good -- and it was! Just the right amount of spice. The meal included a house salad with excellent mixed greens, sliced asiago cheese, and a balsamic dressing. My wife ordered the shrimp on pumpkin risotto with coconut curry sauce. She said she was really not very hungry but the meal was so good she cleaned the plate! I'm not a pumpkin fan, but I did take a bite that included a small piece of pumpkin along with the shrimp and risotto, and it was very good. Both of our plates includes several small vegetable servings, which were in a nutshell excellent. This included carrots, julienne potatoes, mashed sweet potato, an onion soufle, squash, sugar snap peas, and a beet. Trust me that I'm not a big vegetable fan, but these aren't your typical vegetable recipes! It was a great mix of flavors and made for a great meal.

We were too full for dessert, but I did see a blueberry white chocolate cheesecake delivered to another table that looked fabulous. If you get a chance to go, don't miss it! Our bill before tip (no wine - we are water drinkers) was $59 which included 1 appetizers and 2 entrees. It was a great meal!

Just a quick final note. Don't go to this restaurant expecting a 5-star service treatment. Our service was just fine, and the courses were delivered efficiently, but you will not have a waiter hanging over you every 3 or 4 minutes! (we actually like that)

• Visited September 2011