“Great Family Vacation” 5 of 5 bubbles

Woodwards Resort & Inn
Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Lincoln
“Great Family Vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

Third year in a row we have spent at Woodward's. The comfortable rooms, friendly staff, indoor pool, and great food always have us coming back. Recommend Woodward's to anyone planning a ski vacation - you can get discount lift tickets and great breakfast before you hit the slopes. Family of five spent four nights with meal plan for very reasonable price - great deal.

Room Tip: Stay in building with indoor pool, especially if you have kids.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank mccormickpjm
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Hyannis MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2012

I went up with a group and got a package that was a steal. I generally go up with my cousin and just get a super cheap room in the area, but this room was a bit nicer than I usually stay at. The extra sink outside the bathroom is a plus. The beds were super comfy and I slept all night, which is rare because I sleep on a waterbed and usually wake up about 2 a.m. in hotels because the mattress is too hard for me. The staff was mostly very friendly, and I liked the food a lot. The scallops were to die for. It wasn't super crowded either, and we were offered to have our dinner served by the fire in the lounge, which was really nice. I was initially disappointed that our lodgings were not slopeside at Loon because I rode up with a couple, but it didn't end up being an issue. I plan to go back with our group next year, and will be more than happy to stay at Woodward's again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank malvet
Weymouth, Ma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2012

Just an old New England resort. Just returned from a long ski weekend and this place is cozy, clean and accomodating. Room 49
I do plan to go back next year

Room Tip: non smoking wing has the indoor pool and game room
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2012

Look, I admire Woodwards. It's a very friendly family-run business that has, over the years, seen its fair share of action. If you know the owners, there's no reason you won't be happy staying there. They'll take good care of you.
But, should you dine at this fine "resort," (two-star motel) be aware that the person cooking your food in the kitchen is actually just your fifth grade lunch lady equipped with a flamethrower.
I never knew that medium-rare flat iron steak was a piece of charcoal with an orange next to it! Well, she is lunch lady, and it is, after all, a meal plan.
Woodwards seems to have made revolutionary contributions to American cuisine; I've never forced down anything like a Woody Burger, or faced difficulty in deciding whether to eat my wilted garnish before the actual meal. There's nothing out there taking $15 an entrée that's as bad as this place, and nobody seems to say anything.
When they say "char-broiled," they're serious. Many a time have I been dragged along to Woodwards on school trips (5, exactly), arrived at the restaurant on the verge of starvation, and left feeling as if I'd gone and chewed on a rubber disc that we'd shoved up the exhaust back in MA. It's rare that you'll taste good meat at Woodwards--- because they basically just pour gasoline on the beast and let 'er rrrip.

I try at least one "ambitious" dish (beyond pasta or salad, usually beef of some sort) every time I visit Woodwards, and I'm always offended by how burnt, dry and thoughtless it is.

Breakfast can be all right, so apparently frying eggs is easier than flipping burgers. When you pour it, the coffee is the color of watered down iced tea.

I'm warning you all, the food is so so so so so so [--] mediocre at this place-- You have to taste to believe. Do not get the meal plan, and be prepared to drive many miles for BK or something.

Mr. and Mrs. Woodward (they're real, I met them) please do something about this. Usually, I eat a lot. I'm not picky, and I've made do with some pretty nasty board. When I stay at your "resort," I can't bear to consume anything other than plain Caesar salad and cigarettes. It's not good for me.

For those about to brave the Woodwards pickins, I assure you that you won't find anything less horrible on the menu than the Caesar Salad. Do not get shrimp, I repeat, do not get shrimp (unless you poke the cork into your wine and need a substitute).

Sorry guys, your restaurant sucks. And deal with the mould problem already!

• Stayed June 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank EnjoyYourReview

Travellers are raving about these Lincoln hotels

Marlborough, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2012

I agree with the other reviews that states this is a old school motel. It is nothing fancy but it is clean, maintained and friendly. We stay mid week to ski at Loon and bought the ski package for $329 which gives you 7 nights of midweek lodging to use during the ski season. That is a great value and they give you a free pass to Cannon. You can also pay $70 to buy a $100 gift card for the restaurant which we use to pay for breakfast.

Our room had 2 queen beds and was a good size. The provided 4 pillows per bed which was nice. The mattress was on the harder side but not bad. The walls are thin but midweek the hotel is quiet. They have a mini coffee pot and small refrigerator in the room. The highway is through the woods behind the hotel but at night there is not a lot of traffic when you are trying to sleep. Like I said before it is not fancy but what I am looking for after skiing all day long is something close to the mountain and clean. I did go to the pool area one evening and you need to check with the front desk on the hours as it seems to close early. The pool was clean, provided extra towels and the water was clear.

We have already used 5 of our nights in the last 2 weeks and plan on buying another 7.

Room Tip: We stayed in the building with the pool.
Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple