“Needed to get back to nature”
Review of Pemi Cabins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lincoln
Pemi Cabins
Reviewed 22 April 2017

Have been there 4 previous times. Love the sound of the river flowing just outside the screened in porch. Close to a lot of activities. Drove the Kancamaugus highway and stopped a few times to view the scenery and along the river. Finally to North Conway for some shopping. Great places to eat near the cabins. Ability to cook if we wanted but didn't.

Room Tip: Make sure your cabin is on the river I think most of them are
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 2 March 2017

Just returned from a two night stay in cabin 9. The cabin was everything I hoped it would be. Best was comfortable, perfect fireplace, and bathroom was exactly what I would expect. Everything was clean. My pup even enjoyed his first stay away from home.

Room Tip: Pictures on their website accurately depicted the cabin we chose
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank littleralph
Reviewed 24 February 2017

I am always warmly greeted by the owners and staff and by BooBoo, the resident kitty. Everyone treats me like family. They know my name and why I've come to stay (hiking). They've always been helpful.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 January 2017 via mobile

I just needed a quick get a way from everything and this is just what the Doctor ordered I stayed in cabin #8 and I loved it
The fireplace was nice and peaceful and my dog (Jack Russell) also loved it me and my partner enjoyed 4 days there and didn't want to go home. Local places to eat would be. The Common man is a place to go the food is great. But other than that I went to Price Chopper and bought food for the cabin and that was great. The people that run the place are nice and friendly didn't see them much but I didn't go there to visit them. They can by the cabin to remove any ice out front but they didn't disturb us when doing it. I will be returning real soon
Love the peace and quiet this place is sure to give you

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 January 2017 via mobile

I just want to say I've gone to pemi cabins as a child in the past and my family has always loved them. The original owners had passed away in a car accident many years ago.

I figured I would give pemi cabins a try as an adult. My boyfriend and I reserved cabin #10 the basin. For two nights three days. It was really packed when I first got there so we were given the key and told to come back to check in properly. No problem.

Our cabin was really really small. The queen sized bed is against the wall so one of us had to crawl off the end to get up. The bathroom is the size of a closet. Very skinny shower-small toilet seat (must have small butt I guess to enjoy it lol) and a sliding door that I caught my finger on several times.

Mini fridge and microwave was provided. Tube tv on a old dresser pushed in the corner was also there. Really small to see from bed to be honest. The fire place was great had no issues and enjoyed the fire every night. However a small bag of firewood for $8.99 was ridiculous more so when we found out rite aid and price chopper was selling it for two dollars cheaper. My fault cause I know the area I should have just waited to go to the store. One light bulb was blown - one of the outlet if you plug something into it - it falls out. The cabin itself needs a redo.

Towels are provided already there but if you want new ones you have to bring your dirty ones to the office and get clean ones. (We brought our own) we used a couple of their towels to cover windows. The blinds are not enough. We like sleeping in the dark. I wish they had curtains. The room also provides a table and three chairs. The two chairs at the table and a random chair in front of bed. Small place don't need a third chair.

The door to the porch did not shut. We had to kick it to get it to close. It also does not have a lock on it. The porch screen has holes in it and needs a update.

The bed. Feels like it's slanted downward. Feels like I'm sleeping on a rock. Two skinny pillows provided (thank god i bring my own). The sheets are not clean. I'm sorry but I found black dog hair on them. Inside the sheets not even top layer. I have a strong feeling they are lazy and just make the Bed and don't wash them. Also the second night I was bit by something. I have no idea what and I felt itchy all night. My boyfriend felt nothing.

The screen door to the front needs to be replaced. It's broken- cracked there is no use for it. We stayed during winter but seriously you can't use the screen door for the summer. Take it off.

It really sucks how bad this place went down hill. I feel sorry because the lady I spoke to was so nice and friendly. I never really needed anyone at the office so I didn't have troubles with office closed all the time like others stated. However I did not like that the rooms did not have a coffee pot and the office doesn't open till 8:30 so I could not go make myself a coffee.

I haven't decided if I'll stay again to be honest. If I do it's because I need a place to stay with my dog.

I knew beforehand where it's located. The road isn't that loud I don't know what anyone is talking about and I couldn't hear river with the door closed. I could easily sleep to that If door was open in summer time. But with the screen ripped wouldn't do it because of bugs. It's also not in the middle of no where. It's close to Main Street in Lincoln. No these cabins are not in the middle of the outback. Just like the rest of the cabins along this road. They are one after the other in a tight space and along the main road.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple