“You know what your going to get at Barton's”
Review of Barton's Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Laconia
Barton's Motel
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Laconia
Reviewed 29 June 2010

My grandparents have been going to Barton's for the past 50 years on vacation for the 4th of July. My mom took my father there with her parents when they were dating in the 70's. My parents took me there on 4th of July summer vacation since I was 2 weeks old!!! (I'm now 28) Barton's motel is exactly as my grandparents rember it... The only thing that I noticed different was they finally go new bed spreads about 6 years ago! It is very clean and the location is perfect. There are alot of old time rules though, no visitors allowed.. etc. Mr. & Mrs. Barton ran a tight ship and they would be proud to know that things have not changed. I will be there for one night this 4th of July to visit my parents.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kimbrulee
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 24 June 2010

The first thing I noticed was it is VERY clean. Kudos for everything clean and in repair as yes, this appears to have all the original furniture, fixtures... Very friendly staff, pool looked inviting although it was a little too cool the days we were there to want to swim and the location ON the lake is fantastic. Plenty of room for frisbee, croquet near the lake. Down side was no phone, clock (although you could get the time on the tv), microwave or frige. Accomodations were 2 double beds so for us the rooms are not made for 4 adults. Easy access to Meadowbrook and a movie theater right down the road too. Short drive to Weirs Beach and the Outlet shops in Tilton.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank CCzo
Reviewed 21 August 2009

We stayed at Barton's Motel in late August & absolutely loved it. The rooms are large and spotlessly clean, the service is friendly & helpful, the pool is great, the private beach is so lovely that we never saw any reason to go to the big public beach at Weirs. Our kids couldn't get enough of it. Although it's on a busy street, once you're at the private beach, you can't even tell--and if you have young kids, it is quite convenient to be close to Shaw's, CVS, Wal-Mart, etc. We also liked being 3.5 miles away from the crowds at Weirs Beach--an easy drive, but away from the hustle & bustle. I can't recommend this place highly enough; it was wonderful. I will definitely come back.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank BusyMom6260
Reviewed 2 October 2008

The only place I have stayed that might compare with Barton's Motel is the grand Yellowstone Lodge. Both places invited - nay, insisted - that I take a break from my everyday cares and relax. That I forget for a little while my long "To Do" list and just sit for a bit and enjoy my surroundings. And isn't that what a vacation is supposed to be all about?

My room was immaculately clean and in perfect condition. It was simply and thoughtfully decorated, with real bed spreads rather than the gaudy plastic bedcovers used everywhere else. I felt like I was at home - or in Heaven, since I was right on the shore of one of God's most beautiful lakes. There were no multi-functional alarm clocks and no WiFi. There were plenty of comfortable chairs, inviting me to sit and relax and perhaps read a good book - and there's a cozy book shop right on the property!

What Barton's Motel does not have: a thumpin' bumpin' nightlife bar scene. Nor does it have a flashy, sugar-high DisneyWorld setting.

What Barton's Motel does offer: scrupulously clean accomodations maintained by a loving and caring staff. A beautiful outdoor swimming pool amidst carefully maintained grounds that entice you to come out and enjoy the sunny days. Golden sand beach with a long dock extending into Paugus Bay, with boats available for those wanting to play on the water. Peace and quiet. Gentle comfort and a sense of tranquility. This is a wholesome family spot.

Barton's Motel is among the remaining examples of the Golden Age of American motoring vacations, dating back to the post-WWII years. It is a treasure, and should not be missed.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank AirForceVet
Reviewed 10 May 2008

My family has vacationed at this hotel for nearly 10 years. The property offers comfortable rooms and cottages. It may seem dated, but it is consistently clean. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. The sandy beach is very nice and the pool is also a plus! On the Gilford/Laconia line, this is an excellent location for easy access to most Lakes Region attractions.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled with family