All reviews washer and dryer indoor pool living room full kitchen top floor weirs beach end unit huge hot tub get away dvd player would stay here again main building check in was easy family vacation long weekend nice weekend off season
Reviewed 27 June 2017

After reading some older reviews I was worried,but I stayed here in June(the end of bike week).The units were very large,nicely updated and painted,new counter tops.The king size bed was very comfy,i slept great,It had a pillow top mattress. I was on the 3rd floor,yes there are 30 steps to get to your unit.I didn't mind it was good exercise.The whole complex was very quiet.(except for bike week bands playing one nite in town).The staff was always around cleaning or doing something in the area.I did not need anything but if I did one would have been close by.The outdoor pool was nice on a hot day.The indoor pool and hot tub was also great.(yes you can get a drink at the bar and bring it into pool area). We used the gas grills that are located near each unit for some suppers.Oh and all the units have central AC,this was nice on hot days.

Date of stay: June 2017
Rob R, General Manager at The Summit Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2017

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Summit Resort. It sounds like you really enjoyed your stay and found the rooms to be spacious and updated. We did update the majority of the rooms on the property and I am happy to hear you appreciate the renovations. The staff works very hard and is always there to help a guest if they should need anything.

It sounds like you got some great use of the amenities we have to offer at Summit. The gas grills are the perfect amenity for groups to use on a beautiful summer night. The indoor and outdoor pool are also a big hit with our guests and I am happy to hear you enjoyed them. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you on a return visit soon.

Reviewed 16 June 2017

Love this place! Friendly staff at the front desk. Room was beyond spacious. Very clean. Pool was fantastic (2 days of 90') The only complaint would be the pillows. Our second time here, first was with a Groupon which was only $79. I bit more pricey this time but worth it. Would never have known there were 20 motorcycles parked in our location. Very quiet, never heard anyone coming or going like in most hotels. Definitely be back Bike Week 2018!!!!

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Rob R, General Manager at The Summit Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2017

Thank you for choosing Summit Resort as your hotel for Bike Week. It sounds like you really enjoyed your stay. I am happy to hear that you had a positive experience with the front desk staff as well as the cleanliness of your room. I will be sure to pass your comments on to the front desk manager and the housekeeping manager, they work very hard to provide you with the hospitality experience you deserve.

Don’t forget to check out some of the great packages we have going on throughout the year. We appreciate your return business and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 23 May 2017

This property is a TIME SHARE and not a HOTEL. It does not offer the services of a hotel without specifically requesting them.

Room was OK but overpriced for what we received. Mattresses weren't great and the linens could have been better quality. It was clean and spacious when we arrived - more spacious than necessary actually as the kitchen is poorly laid out with too much unused space.

We would have liked daily maid service without having to request it. Missing amenities usually found in a hotel: hand lotion, tissues, hangers in the closet. Small but annoying detail: scratchy single-ply TP.

Housekeeping (after being requested) left my nightgown on the floor & did not change the linens (we were there for 4 nights).

Showers were very nice. Living room comfy with nice fireplace and full dining table a plus. One of the bathroom doors would not close. Accommodations felt more like a time-share than a hotel even though it was rented as a hotel.

Room was on the 3rd floor with no elevator and no help with lugging luggage up three flights. They couldn't even spring for a cup of coffee in the lobby as I was checking out ($1).

Room tip: No elevators! Get a lower floor if you don't want to lug your own luggage to the 3rd floor.
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Jo C
Rob R, General Manager at The Summit Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2017

It sounds like you had a really great experience with your accommodations, but not the service. I am happy to hear that upon initial arrival you found your unit to be clean and spacious. Our housekeeping staff puts a lot of effort into the cleanliness of rooms, I will be sure to pass on your comments to the manager. Our suite style rooms can hold up to 6 people and are great for families looking for extra space. The fireplaces in the suites are a really nice feature, it sounds like your family got some great use out of it.

As for being a timeshare resort, that is correct. We do not offer daily maid service and we do ask the guests to bring towel exchanges to the desk. If guest requests an in-room service we do our best to accommodate them.

We appreciate your feedback and hope you consider us for future stays as we are always working on improving our guest experience.

Reviewed 19 April 2017

We stayed in 102 and it was perfect for us. We didn't have to climb stairs to lug stuff up and down. The 2 bedroom condo was spacious and well appointed. I had some trouble with the water faucet in the kitchen, and it was immediately repaired. The reception area was closed due to remodeling, so no pool, etc., but that was okay with me. It snowed while we were here and I was very pleased by the snowplowing and clearing of the sidewalks. I would stay here again.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank 949sharonl

Thank you for your positive feedback, I am glad to hear that Summit Resort was a perfect fit for your family. The units we offer have great value for guests looking for extra space in the area. Our staff does a great job keeping these units clean and comfortable for guests.

I am sorry to hear about the trouble with the water faucet, but I am glad to hear that it was repaired in a timely manner. We were undergoing some renovations during your stay, but rest assured those have been completed and we are very happy with the outcome.

The maintenance staff does a really great job during the winter months keeping up with snow removal for guests. I will be sure to pass along your compliment.

Thank you for choosing Summit Resort. We appreciate your business and look forward to having you check out the new renovations on a return visit.

Reviewed 28 March 2017 via mobile

We stayed in 104 which was the remodeled at some point. The 2-bedroom condo was very spacious but the master bedroom comforter looked straight out of a Motel 6. The condo was fully stocked and with the pull out queen, accommodated 5 adults and two kids comfortably . Negative was the soundproofing. We could hear the neighbors above of us stomping around and the people below us knocked on our door to say one of their light fixtures came down. Paper thin floors! We rented snowshoes from the front office and took the trail which was fun. One day we drove out to a smoke shack and visited the Ale Man up the road which was an amazing nano brewery. We did get to use the pool once before they shut it down and It was cold and way to much chlorine! Everyone's eye balls were on fire. I gave it a low rating because for half the weeks stay we had no amenities. And although the front very young staff were sweet, they knew very little about the area. Wasn't impressed. No weekly activities either.

Date of stay: March 2017
1  Thank anartatez

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Summit Resort. It sounds like our suites had the perfect amount of space for your family. All of our suites are stocked with full kitchens, Jacuzzi tubs, fireplace in the living area, and flat screen TVs.

Our amenities building is closed every year during the first 2 weeks of April for pool repairs and renovations. During this time, we offer guests special rates because the pools are closed, they are however, allowed to use the amenities at our sister resort Steele Hill during their stay. There were a few exchanges that were not notified this past spring and I believe this was the case with your party.

The great part of Summit is its close proximity to get to anywhere in the lakes region without hassle. I am happy to hear you were able to enjoy some of the local businesses during your stay. We appreciate your feedback, and hope you give us a second chance on a future visit.