All reviews master bedroom washer and dryer signature suite full kitchen indoor pool top floor weirs beach first floor jacuzzi tub huge indoor daily maid service breakfast bar area get away paper towels living area main office would stay here again
Reviewed 19 April 2017

We stayed in 102 and it was perfect for us. We didn't have to climb stairs to lug stuff up and down. The 2 bedroom condo was spacious and well appointed. I had some trouble with the water faucet in the kitchen, and it was immediately repaired. The reception area was closed due to remodeling, so no pool, etc., but that was okay with me. It snowed while we were here and I was very pleased by the snowplowing and clearing of the sidewalks. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Sharon L
Rob R, General Manager at The Summit Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2017

Thank you for your positive feedback, I am glad to hear that Summit Resort was a perfect fit for your family. The units we offer have great value for guests looking for extra space in the area. Our staff does a great job keeping these units clean and comfortable for guests.

I am sorry to hear about the trouble with the water faucet, but I am glad to hear that it was repaired in a timely manner. We were undergoing some renovations during your stay, but rest assured those have been completed and we are very happy with the outcome.

The maintenance staff does a really great job during the winter months keeping up with snow removal for guests. I will be sure to pass along your compliment.

Thank you for choosing Summit Resort. We appreciate your business and look forward to having you check out the new renovations on a return visit.

Reviewed 28 March 2017 via mobile

We stayed in 104 which was the remodeled at some point. The 2-bedroom condo was very spacious but the master bedroom comforter looked straight out of a Motel 6. The condo was fully stocked and with the pull out queen, accommodated 5 adults and two kids comfortably . Negative was the soundproofing. We could hear the neighbors above of us stomping around and the people below us knocked on our door to say one of their light fixtures came down. Paper thin floors! We rented snowshoes from the front office and took the trail which was fun. One day we drove out to a smoke shack and visited the Ale Man up the road which was an amazing nano brewery. We did get to use the pool once before they shut it down and It was cold and way to much chlorine! Everyone's eye balls were on fire. I gave it a low rating because for half the weeks stay we had no amenities. And although the front very young staff were sweet, they knew very little about the area. Wasn't impressed. No weekly activities either.

Stayed: March 2017
1  Thank anartatez
Rob R, General Manager at The Summit Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2017

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Summit Resort. It sounds like our suites had the perfect amount of space for your family. All of our suites are stocked with full kitchens, Jacuzzi tubs, fireplace in the living area, and flat screen TVs.

Our amenities building is closed every year during the first 2 weeks of April for pool repairs and renovations. During this time, we offer guests special rates because the pools are closed, they are however, allowed to use the amenities at our sister resort Steele Hill during their stay. There were a few exchanges that were not notified this past spring and I believe this was the case with your party.

The great part of Summit is its close proximity to get to anywhere in the lakes region without hassle. I am happy to hear you were able to enjoy some of the local businesses during your stay. We appreciate your feedback, and hope you give us a second chance on a future visit.

Reviewed 26 March 2017

Off to the North with two teens and Hubby to conduct a bit of business and relax after. Took advantage of a special that they were having and the weekend ended up costing under $400 for lodging. We booked in a top floor as my hubby is particular about anyone above walking around "on top of my head". The last time we stayed in this spot had been a few years ago and at that point, renovations had not happened. We were placed in a top floor 2 bedroom unit. Upon entering, it was very clean. Some of the furniture needed to be either replaced or refinished. Kitchen was well appointed and well stocked, a little tall breakfast bar area separated kitchen from dining table with 6 chairs. Dining table was well worn on its top surface but nothing a little sanding and varnish would fix, easily. Large sectional couch that was a sofa bed and a chair and ottoman for a cozy TV area. TV in this area should have been bigger as you could have been in the kitchen,dining area watching TV. Definately a bigger screen television would be a great addition!!! Large master with king bed and a bigger tv than the living area???with its own on suite bath with a jacuzzi. This unit definately had a few updates from the last time we had stayed. The jacuzzi tub was also a shower so that the 2nd bathroom could be utilized by 2nd bedroom. Nice updates to the bathroom with updated vanity,marble counter top and new flooring.
2nd bedroom had 2 single beds, could probably have a set or 2 sets of bunks for added sleeping but adequate for our needs. Unit very clean..Unfortunately a weekend was about all my hubby and i would be able to stay as the king bed was anything but comfortable. I woke up both mornings with hip and shoulder pain..Bed was just awful..2nd night my hubby slept on the couch..My kids were comfortable..no complaints.Heat issue the 2nd night, heat was blowing cold..security came up quickly and remedied. My kids went over to the pool and enjoyed the use but stated that it seemingly was overchlorinated and their eyes really hurt. The pool area was being renovated next week so there was boarding along the pool deck taking away from a clean look. The check in area was busy and had a bar area offering wine, beer and mixed drinks.(nice touch) some seating to over look the pool area.I would try again on special price..Not luxurious but adequate for a quick get away.

Room Tip: we always ask for a top floor.
1  Thank aciaramaglia

It sounds like you enjoyed your accommodations with us at Summit Resort and took advantage of one of the many packages we have to offer. It is always wonderful to hear from returning guests.

I am sorry to hear that you had an issue with the heat the second night of your stay, but I am glad it was taken care of right away. We have a great maintenance staff who work very hard to make sure requests are being handled in a timely manner.

I understand that your family was able to enjoy some of the amenities we have to offer, including the pool. Per your comments, I will be sure to review the chlorination logs with my staff to avoid a similar issue on future stays. I understand your feedback on the boarding near the edge of the pool. We had this installed for safety proposes to prep for the new ambient heat loops and flooring we installed soon after your visit. Fortunately, we recently finished the renovations and the facility is back online for future guests.

Per your description it sounds like you stayed in a deluxe suite. We also offer signature suites which have been fully renovated with all new furniture. I would recommend trying one of these brand new units on a return visit. Thank you for choosing Summit Resort, we take all of your feedback into consideration and hope to always continue improving. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 24 March 2017

This was a week long ski trip. The Summit was very convenient to Gunstock Mtn. The two bedroom condo type units were nice and spacious. The unit we were in was somewhat dated, but it looked as though work was being done near by to renovate other units. For what we needed it work out well.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family

It sounds like you had a great stay with us at Summit Resort. The Summit’s spacious suites are the perfect home base for a ski vacation in the lakes region. I am glad to hear that it was a perfect fit for the needs of your family.

We are almost finished with a major renovation to update all standard suites into Signature Style suites, and our housekeeping and maintenance staff do a great job in making sure that we keep our rooms up to date. Thank you for choosing Summit Resort, we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 21 March 2017

We stayed here for 6 nights for a ski race at Gunstock. The room, a signature suite in building 2, was great--huge, spotless, and well equipped with kitchen, laundry, good wifi, and plenty of space to dump all the ski gear. On the downside, the floors are very thin (there was a kid running starting at 6am above us), and they don't tell you that unless you are on the first floor, you will have to carry your stuff up one or two flights of stairs to get to your room (we had an unbelievable amount of gear and were lucky we could switch). It's more like a condo than a resort (no food, no housekeeping, you're on your own if the power goes out, and the pool/bar were a serious hike from our room in building 2--would have had to drive to them with all the snow and cold). But, that said, we would absolutely stay here again because we really loved the giant room and the location--5 minutes into town; 15 minutes to the mountain.

Room Tip: First floor if you want easy access (there's no elevator), third floor if you don't want to hear the kids above you.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for a positive review of Summit Resort. It sounds like you initially had an issue with carrying your luggage up the stairs, I am happy to hear that the front desk was able to identify your needs and put your family in a room on the first floor. It sounds like our spacious suites were exactly what your family needed for a ski vacation week.

I will be sure to pass your positive feedback about the cleanliness on to our housekeeping manager. The staff work very hard to provide you with the hospitality experience you deserve.

The Summit is the perfect location for outdoor enthusiasts like yourselves. It is centrally located in the Lakes Region with easy access into town or the nearby mountains. This is a huge benefit of staying with us. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you on a return visit.