All reviews gas fireplace feather bed steak and seafood comfy chairs continental breakfast yogurt jacuzzi tub atlantic room allow dogs golden retriever beautiful room wonderful hotel relaxing stay can't wait to go back white mountains new hampshire gunstock mountain
Reviewed 20 August 2017

The resort is very nice. Most important it is clean. My room was nice.
I had the lake view room. The view is OK Kind of spoiled by a factory.
The balcony was spacious. Staff is very friendly.
We did not use the pool or spa, we met up with friends and simply didn’t
have time. We did not eat at the restaurant , we though is way way over
priced. We did hear that the food was good. Breakfast was continental.
I am not a fan of continental breakfast. Where there was a restaurant I would
think they could have a breakfast. It is nice to get up and not have to go out for
a breakfast. When we are traveling we like to have a nice breakfast. The bed looked
very inviting, however it wasn’t. The sheets were wonderful, but it was uncomfortable.
We had a king-size bed and there was a huge hump in the middle. My back was killing
me both nights. The lighting in the room was horrible. I am a reader, I couldn’t see to read.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Montana2, Owner at Lake Opechee Inn and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Thank you for your comments, it is always helpful for us to learn what our valued guests are experiencing when staying with us. I am pleased to hear that you found our team to be welcoming and our facilities to be clean, two very important elements when traveling away from home. We pride ourselves on providing a clean comfortable experience so it is disappointing that you did not sleep comfortably or find our lighting adequate for reading. I genuinely appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your experience, both these things are something that we can remedy and will do so. Please remind us next time you stay that you did not find the bed comfortable and we will be happy to remove the feather bedding which can be uncomfortable for some people and cause discomfort for those with back problems. We want to make you as comfortable as possible. Hope you visit us again soon and always travel safe.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

We truly enjoyed our stay at Lake Opechee Inn and Spa. We stayed in the Robin Room which was a very spacious room with a gorgeous view of the lake. The king size bed was like sleeping on a cloud! The balcony, fireplace and whirlpool bath left nothing to be desired. We definitely will be back!

Date of stay: August 2017

We look forward to having you back soon and are pleased that everything was to your liking. The feather bedding has been known to keep people in bed a little longer in the mornings but the view of the lake has a way of drawing you out. It sounds like you were able to balance your experience and take it all in. I agree, the Robin Room is a great room, it is named after the word "Opechee" which is an American Indian word Longfellow used in his poem Hiawatha to represent the robin bird. Each of our rooms are named individually, all relating to either, the area attractions, history of New Hampshire or the personal history of the family who started the Inn. Hope you have an opportunity to check out another specially named room again sometime soon. Thank you again and always travel safe.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

The bedding is fabulous and the décor of the lake view room 142 was just beautiful. We spent a very restful 4 nights in luxury. Beautiful bathroom with jetted tub. The staff throughout the hotel was very welcoming and delightful. the spa is top notch. We can't wait to go there again.

Room tip: The Old Man Room is Beautiful
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

We can't wait to have you stay with us again. I am pleased that your experience was a win all around and even more so considering you were celebrating such a special day. As always, I like to thank our reviewers for recognizing the team that we have here at the Inn. We are very lucky to have staff that truly want to ensure that our guests have a pleasant experience and to inspire guests to come stay with us again in the future. A couple celebrating 45 years of marriage is inspiring enough but to get accolades from this couple is a very much appreciated compliment. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and we look forward to having you back for your 46th anniversary. And always travel safe.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

They have a courteous and helpful staff that make you feel right at home as soon as you arrive. They keep it well maintained inside and out. They are pet friendly and treat your pet as if it were their own. The restaurant had a nice variety of food and reasonably priced for the quality and quantity of the meal.
The sunsets over Lake Opechee were a plus for an evening bonus. I would definitely stay there again when visiting the area.

Room tip: If possible ask for a second floor room with a balcony overlooking the lake.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Peaceful getaway is a phrase we hear often and yet never get tired of. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and all those that visit trip advisor before booking their vacations and getaways. Our team works very hard each and everyday to provide a clean comfortable stay for all of our guests, so thank you for recognizing them. We can not take credit for the sunsets but agree that they are a priceless bonus. Hope you will stay with us again soon and as always, travel safe.

Reviewed 5 August 2017

The inn is beautifully decorated and amazingly clean. We love it! The problem is with the water. There was no hot water when I got up at seven. After telling them I was informed there were a lot of people showering so I had breakfast and then headed back up for my shower. Still no hot water. Called the desk. Told they were working on it. After two other calls to front desk we gave up. They gave us a discount but what is the problem?? This inn is beautiful and I hope we can stay again without this problem.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

So glad that you were able to appreciate the comfort and cleanliness of the Inn despite the failure of our hot water heaters. I myself have experienced a hotel stay with out hot water and although I recognize sometimes things happen with mechanical equipment, I too was disappointed and inconvenienced. The problem here at the Inn turned out to be a mechanical issue that triggered a safety mechanism to shut down the water heaters. I understand that this does not remedy the experience our guests endured that morning, but I am grateful that the safety mechanism was in place and prevented any possible injuries to anyone staying with us. I do apologize to everyone that was inconvenienced that morning and hope that you will all consider staying with us again soon. Thank you and Travel Safe.