“wonderful” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Keene
Southington, Connecticut, United States
“wonderful”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2012

I loved this hotel. I stayed here a few months back when I was taking theology courses,& the manager was very gr8!! I had broken my cellphone & he went out of his way 2 help me get ahold of verizon wireless. This hotel has a beautiful & friendly black lab dog that I loved!!! I wont lie it wasnt the best location 4 some1 walking everywhere considering the area doesnt have good public transportation however there was target n pricechopper right thr n it was gr8 4 a wk!! God bless u guys!!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Pittstown, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2012

My wife and I are traveling my motorcycle from New jersey to Maine and our first night's stay was at the Days Inn Keene. As luck would have it we had to ride the last 30 - 40 miles in a downpour. We were drenched when we walked into the motel and dripped water all over the lobby and desk. The night manager (Jim) was very nice and after checking in he gave us some rags (old towels) to dry all of our "stuff" and he even let us dry our clothes in the motel dryer because they didn't have one for guest use. Since it was raining, we had to order out and Jim suggested several places and even had menus for them. Great service here!

The property is older, but well maintained. Our room was clean and the beds were very comfortable. Their Continental breakfast which started at 6:00 AM was one of the nicer ones I've seen. They even had coffee, donuts and juice ready at 5:00 AM for us early risers.

I would definitely stay here again and I can wholeheartedly recommend it.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
mamaroneck
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2012

They are pet friendly. The room was clean and quiet. That night the hotel had 7 pets, not including Aggie (who said hello when we checked in) and we heard not one bark from any of the other guest. The beds were extremely comfortable and the pillow was a normal size. It was bloody hot and the room cooled very quickly.
Jim recommended Kimball Farms in Jaffery (37 min away) and boy was that a great ice cream place!
In the morning Sharon kept the Complementary Breakfast completely stacked with eggs, hot waffles, all the jams and jellies you would want. And the coffee was the best i ever had. I asked Sharon where could i pick my own blueberries and she recommended a wonderful farm not far from the hotel.
In short this is a great hotel without the high price that accepts pets and is very clean and is very close to the town. Don't worry about the pool being across the street, it is very nice and heated. I highly recommend this place for staying for business, couples, family, friends or just yourself. Thanks Jim and Sharon for making an unplanned vacation stop so wonderful!

Room Tip: a/c did not keep me up or bother my dog
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Horseheads, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

Travelling on my way through Keene, and figured to spend the night at the Days Inn. The front staff was friendly, and the location is great being right off route 9. The room was nice, and the bed was comfy and huge! The reclining chair was nice to have, but color didn't really seem to match anything else (but really, does that matter?). I was really happy with everything except the towels. They're a little small(I say this and I'm a pretty slight guy) and not very soft. I know it isn't a 5 star hotel, but please buy some towels! Other than that, everything else was at or above my expectations. I'll definitely stay again if I find myself in the area again.

• Stayed April 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hamilton, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

We spent one night at this motel and found it to be a great value and conveniently located near restaurants. Our room was small, but clean and very well-equipped. The beds were comfortable, and it was nice and quiet the night we were there. We appreciated the free breakfast that included fresh fruit, yogurt, and waffles as well as the usual continental items. For an inexpensive motel, it was a perfectly nice place to stay.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank AJ T
KeeneNHDaysInn, General Manager at Days Inn Keene NH, responded to this review, 26 March 2012
The staff and myself thank you for taking the time to write a review and your kind words regarding your stay at the Keene, NH Days Inn. The motel does offer the traveler a great value that includes many ammenities at no extra charge such as wifi, refrig & micro and our DayBreak deluxe continental breakfast with many healthy and brand name choices to start your day. Being located at the Monadnock Market Place makes it convenient for both dining and shopping. Were glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next visit when your in Keene, New Hampshire.
Jim Narkiewicz, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Keene
1.0 km away
2.6 km away
Courtyard Keene Downtown
20.4 km away
Riverside Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Riverside Hotel, an Ascend Hotel...
#2 of 2 in West Chesterfield
21.3 km away
Colonial Motel & Spa
Colonial Motel & Spa
#4 of 10 in Brattleboro

Been to Days Inn Keene NH? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK