“Wonderful Historic Old Hotel”

Eagle Mountain House & Golf Club
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Jackson
Barneveld, New York
“Wonderful Historic Old Hotel”
Reviewed 19 June 2012

This was our second stay at this beautiful old hotel. If you like historic old Hotels/Resorts this place is wonderful. They have maintained this historic old resort as close to what it was like about 95 years ago. They hall floors creak and talk to you as you walk down the hall to your room.The front desk is much like it was when the building was built amny years ago. Riding in the primative old elevator is a wonderful experiance. A wonderful breakfast was included in out room rate and we had a choice of several cooked to order hot breakfast items. That breakfast was wonderful and plentyful. This is not a place for people that are looking for the latest fanciest upscale modern room's. They do have exellent wi-fi all over the buiklding and it is much improved since our last stay back in June of 2011. We plan on stayuing in this historic wonderful old hotel on our next trip to Mount Washington Valley.

Room Tip: A corner room is nice as in warm weather you have 2 windows to have some cross ventilation. They hav...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank edsel13304
EagleMountainHouse, General Manager at Eagle Mountain House & Golf Club, responded to this review, 10 August 2012
Dear edsel13304,

What a great review thank you so much. You are right the Hotel is so beautiful and when you walk in you can feel the warm and relaxing atmosphere immediatley. I was pleased this was your second stay and you plan on a third visit, that is the best compliment we could receive! I hope we get a chance to meet on your next visit and thank you again.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Oxford, Maine
Reviewed 19 June 2012

This is a great lil get away with quite a bit of history ,went there for a weekend the food was good and so wasnt the breakfast ,the staff was very pleasant and the views from the porch where me and my fiance sat most evenings was so peaceful I would definately go back ...

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
, General Manager at Eagle Mountain House & Golf Club, responded to this review, 23 June 2012
Dear Patrick J,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay. Stting in the oversize rockers on the Veranda with views of Black Mountain and Carter Notch is my favorite place at the hotel.

I am glad that you enjoyed our food selections. If you return this summer we will be serving dinner outside on the Veranda weekends and other select dates.

Enjoy you summer,

Columbus, Georgia
Reviewed 17 June 2012 via mobile

I stayed at EMH for just one night because I was in the area for an event, but I left wishing I had more time to enjoy the hotel and surroundings. I have family in NH and have visited other places around the state with my family. I have young kids and normally look for places that have multiple choices for entertainment. I'm not sure EMH would be the best choice for young kids, but they do have a pool and game room, and Storyland is not far away. There is also easy access to a nice stream just down the road, but again, kids may need to be a little older to safely enjoy it. From an "adult" perspective, EMH is in a beautiful and relaxing location, and there is a nice bar and restaurant on the premises. I hope I get to bring my wife back someday I visit.

• Stayed June 2012
Dear Smokeygaday,

I was glad that you and your family enjoyed your brief visit to the Eagle Mountain House. With Story Land, Mount Washington, White Mountain National Forest and numerous other attractions and activities so close there is so much to see and do while visiting.

We hope to see you again,

Lowell, Massachusetts
Reviewed 8 June 2012

Like I said, I hate giving bad reviews and I don't give them often but I want other travelers to know what they can expect. First off, the hotel needs some renovations, including the wooden staircase and corners where the wood is either chipped or deeply neglected. You have sprinkler systems running through the length of the hallways and into the living areas (rooms) which make you feel like you're in a submersible (aka Titanic). The carpets seemed either old or bad choice of quality or both. If you actually stand at the outside wall (wall alongside window area) you notice a slight incline, as if the hotel has sagged on it's foundation. Oh, I almost forgot to mentioned the either peeling or peeled off wallpaper. On the positive side, the staff is friendly, the noise level wasn't an issue and the room was relatively clean (not sure if that's considered a positive side but it is what it is). The furniture was low quality as well. But hey, for $99 beggars can't be choosers right? For a hotel that is listed on Historical Hotel's of North America, it should be noted that it really is historically old and kept that way.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Niebo
EagleMountainHouse, General Manager at Eagle Mountain House & Golf Club, responded to this review, 9 June 2012
Dear Niebo,

I always want guest feedback, good or bad, we can always find ways to improve. Your positive comments on our service and cleanliness are appreciated.

We have plans in the works to renovate and update the Eagle Mountain House while preserving its charm and warmth that it possesses. We will always continue to offer our guests; great service, delicious food all delivered in a clean comfortable setting at a value price.

Connecticut, USA
Reviewed 7 June 2012

We spent Memorial Day Weekend at Eagle Mountain House. We arrived late Friday night and were greated by a very friendly desk manager who told us of the various attractions in town, to include Mt. Washington, hikes off the Kangamangas Highway, golf courses, etc. The room was large, with a nice living room with pullout couch for our teenage son, and separate bedroom for my husband and me. The hotel is vintage but it's very clean and comfortable.

Breakfast was included and was a full hot and cold buffet with waitress service for coffee and other assistance. There's a great front porch that many people flocked to at the end of the day, which was lovely with a cold drink. There's a pool just across the street which was OK, and the little golf course is no great shakes, but the overall ambience and welcoming feeling were terrific.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Dear Mes33,

We appreciate you taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I am glad you and your family enjoyed your visit and had time to take in all of the great sights and activities the area has to offer.

Thank you for mentioning the friendly atmosphere and service you received, the staff takes great pride in being true hosts to our guests.

We hope to see you again soon.

Craig Boyer
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jackson
1.7 km away
Nordic Village Resort
#3 of 12 in Bartlett
10.3 km away
Attitash Grand Summit Hotel

Been to Eagle Mountain House & Golf Club? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK