All reviews tennis courts cookies north conway continental breakfast white mountains two queen beds new hampshire shannon door room was large first floor this past weekend sleigh ride many years ellis river dana land jim
Reviewed 5 June 2016

Loved this place! Size of room, cleanliness, ambience. Very slow place. Owners present, very helpful. Very ready for new season - forward planned. We stayed in room 24 - first floor, lovely view from balcony although this looked a little sad - woodwork needs attention. Beautifully clean, well provided throughout. Note, satnav address not recognised. Use Pinkham Notch Road and brings you to the door. Would very, very definitely stay again and would love to have a week at least in this area/this location. Recommend Gorham Moose Tour - Laurie (? spelling) absolutely brilliant - please do watch if driving from Gorham to Jackson for moose - sightings on road 4 1/2 miles north of Jackson. Also Mount Washington Drive and Jackson Falls. Recommend brekkies at the Sunrise Shack! We were in USA for 2 weeks and stayed in 5 locations. We considered this to be the best value for money throughout. Was the cheapest, and best quality.

Room tip: Room 24 on first floor has a great view.
Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2016

I recently stayed here for the first time in about 5 years. It was not as nice, convenient, or clean as it used to be. A very big let down. The owner was not helpful on two different requests, they no longer have the nice breakfast they used to serve, and it is not as clean as it used to be. I will be looking elsewhere the next time I travel to the area.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank 781simmons
Reviewed 10 March 2016 via mobile

We had planned a XC skiing trip in February and stayed at the lodge. It's a ten minute drive outside of North Conway, which was fine with us--we're not huge shoppers. The Lodge was conveniently located right near the trails and the staff were very friendly and helpful. Not really sure why there was negative feedback here. I suppose if you're looking for a very fancy place like the Jackson Lodge in Wyoming, then this is probably not the place for you. We were a little less concerned with the decor, which is from the 90's, but not in any state of disrepair. We were much more concerned with what matters: cleanliness, location in regards to what we wanted to see and do, and the kindness of the staff in relation to the price. One of the owners was kind enough to point out places that we should see on our vacation, which was helpful! We had planned out our trip, but we'd missed a couple of places. We didn't have time to check out the hummingbird feeders, tools, lawn chairs or other objects that other people have noted are in terrible states of disrepair. We were more concerned with getting out and enjoying the skiing and the mountains. We didn't have breakfast there, as we already had other places in mind. We'd came back to the lodge in the early evening after a long day to sleep. Our beds and rooms were clean and comfortable. We don't have children, and we were very glad that we were on the second floor and it was quiet.

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank inRouteto
Reviewed 3 March 2016

I never leave reviews but my experience here was such a let down that I feel I should warn future travelers.

We stayed here to celebrate our anniversary. We were greeted by the owner who immediately left us feeling horrible for booking our hotel through Travelocity. He informed us that he gets charged a $100 fee when people book through traveling sites and gave us a huge guilt trip for costing his business money. I felt guilty, uncomfortable, and horrible for having booked through a travel site. After further research, we realized that what he had told us was not true at all.
When we arrived to the room, I went to take a shower. It was evident that the bathroom had not been cleaned at all! There was toothpaste covering the faucet and the mirror, the toilet had a pubic hair and urine on it, and the shower was coated in dried soap suds from the previous guests. We went down to the desk to discuss this with the owner. He was incredibly non-reactive and after an awkward silence I told him I would clean it myself. He went to the closet and handed me cleaning supplies. Honestly, I would rather clean it myself than trust housekeeping to come back. We never received even an APOLOGY for our room being filthy. We weren't offered a new room or even a discount.

We booked this hotel because of the raving reviews on how clean it is. I was incredibly let down and honestly disgusted by this stay.

16  Thank bbailey824
Reviewed 18 February 2016 via mobile

I haven't been to this hotel in 20 years but the reason I booked it was because I remembered how clean it was then - and I was so happy that it holds itself to the same standard 20 yrs later! My 13 year old daughter walked in to the room and said "omg mom - it's clean and the beds are huge!" The price is very reasonable too. We will definitely be coming back here.

Trip type: Travelled with family