“Fantastic room and restaurant”
Review of Wentworth

Wentworth
Reserve with OpenTable
Wentworth is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 17 Restaurants in Jackson
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 30
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 16A & 16B
Description: The Wentworth Dining Room prides itself on using only the freshest seasonal ingredients provided by local and regional farms. We work closely with the New Hampshire Institute of Agriculture and Forestry. We also use many vegetables from organic New Hampshire farms. Our meat, poultry and seafood is sourced regionally and delivered regularly to guarantee freshness.
Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

Just the one night here but exceptional room. Huge room, with our own hot tub on a small semi-enclosed balcony located just across the road from reception. The hotel and grounds are very well maintained.
The evening meal was excellent and breakfast too. The service is extremely good and would definitely return on another visit to this area.

Date of visit: October 2017
EllieKoeppel, Owner at Wentworth, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

Thank you so much for your recent visit with us and for taking the time to review our hotel and restaurant for the readers of TripAdvisor. I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed everything about your visit and that you would choose to stay with us again.
This is what we strive for everyday.
Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 13 October 2017

I had the braised short rib, it was melt in your mouth yummy! My husband had the scallops and really liked them. The prosecco was not good, and was overpriced. And unfortunately there was a table of 4 very loud, noisy ladies next to our table for 2...so they had a great time, but we could not hear each other.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 17 September 2017

The Wentworth is a beautiful inn with outstanding staff and excellent food. The setting is pure New England and the grounds are immaculate.

Date of visit: September 2017
EllieKoeppel, Owner at Wentworth, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2017

Dear Victoria:
Thank you for taking the time to post such a nice review of our hotel and dining room. I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed everything and I look forward to welcoming you back again hopefully soon.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

Nice restaurant with well cooked food and a varied menu. Some nice touches including a backlit menu for those of us that struggle in candlelight.

Some minor irritations as expressed by others namely the waiters can be a bit pompous. If you have the desert with the Devonshire cream be aware that you get a very small amount as apparently it is expensive, it is meant to be clotted cream and does not really work so ask for ice cream instead. On the sticky toffee pudding they take the view it should be served at room temperature, I prefer mine hot.

Whilst note a struct dress code they do require a collar shirt and no ripped jeans.

Date of visit: September 2017
EllieKoeppel, Owner at Wentworth, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Dear Ross;
Thank you for your recent visit to our restaurant and for taking the time to share your experience with the readers of TripAdvisor. I was pleased to read that overall you enjoyed your experience with us. I will take note on the sticky toffee pudding, it is a new addition to our dessert menu so all feedback is appreciated. It is such a classic English dessert so variations on it are often tricky.
Thank you again and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

I booked a table here for a romantic evening based in the reviews and ranking. It was so disappointing. Firstly, the service was not super friendly and we weren't made to feel welcome. Secondly, the food. The only decent dish was the clam chowder which was nice and light. The scallop entree was strange. It was a breaded casserole, although that was not described in the menu. The prime rib was also strange and not a typical cut. It looked like a filet and was overcooked. Everything lacked flavor and needed salt. Lastly, the dessert, we ordered a sticky toffee pudding. As a Brit I am very familiar with this dish and it's a favorite of mine. This has the appearance of an individual microwave pudding. That said, it was served cold! This was a first! I've never before had cold sticky toffee pudding and custard and now I know why, it's gross when it's not warm! Also the wine selection, or lack thereof, is limited and over priced. Steer clear of this place & instead go to the RedFox, while it doesn't try to be "fine dining" you'll at least get a good meal and great service there instead.

Dear Sarah:
Thank you for your recent visit to our restaurant and I am sorry to read that it did not meet your expectations. I have to say the scallop dish is a favorite of many of our guests and while we have tried to replace it with another dish we always get requests for its return, so too with the slow braised short rib of beef so I am sorry you did not enjoy them. The sticky toffee pudding, it would be hard to complete with the great English dessert but Chef Brian's take on it seems to be a hit with most of our guests.
Again, I apologize that you were disappointed and thank you very much for your feedback.