“The Innkeepers make the Inn”
Review of Glen Oaks Inn

Glen Oaks Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Intervale B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 March 2012

This was our first trip to the Glen Oaks Inn. It is a small inn off a side street. The disappointment would definitely be that there is no view, but for the price that might be expected. The innkeepers are an interesting couple willing to share their path to ownership. It is not a frills inn, but it is a fairly clean, extremely quiet experience. There are comforts such as the huge bathrooms, but the bedrooms are small and the inn is somewhat musty in places. The breakfast is more than filling with Linda contributing her culinary skills to outrageous pastry and Mitch creatively presenting breakfasts such as eggs benedict with home fries and sausage.

The beds are somewhat noisy and the TV basically non-existent. If you are looking for any kind of entertainment other than good old conversation with the owners, this may not be the place. It is close to climbing and shopping which makes it a convenient stay. If you're working within a budget, this would be the place!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank alor50
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Glen Oaks Inn

Reviewed 28 February 2012

I was so looking forward to our romantic weekend at the Glen Oaks Inn. When we arrived we were greeted by Linda. We weren't greeted with a warm and fuzzy welcome. Linda's total focus was getting my credit card to pay for the room. I wish I had the chance to view the room before I paid. I think we paid way too much!! The pictures on their website are very misleading. The room was small and musty. The TV was so tiny that you had to squint to see the screen. They had only two choices for breakfast each morning and on our first morning, they actually ran out of one of the selections. The free dinner was mediocre. Good things about this place.... close to Jackson and North Conway and I did like the chocolate covered strawberries. We won't be back. I'm betting there are much nicer Inns in the area worth the money.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Linda T
poopey, Owner at Glen Oaks Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2012

The check-in process for the Inn is much like a hotel. We process your credit card upon check in so we can get you to your room as soon as possible. I'm sorry if you felt that we didn't take enough time with you when you arrived. Most guests prefer the process to be as quick as possible. Many Inns in this area only serve one choice of breakfast in the morning, but we feel that two choices give guests an option. Since we do offer specialty dishes, in a rare situation we could run out, but we always make a second offer available to replace it. Since we are not a restaurant, we don't offer dinner. So I'm not sure where the free dinner comment came from. I'm truely sorry you didn't enjoy your stay, but it sounds as though you might not be comfortable with a B&B.

Reviewed 23 January 2012

My husband and I spent two nights at the Inn and we had a wonderful time! It was very clean and quaint. On our first morning we woke up to savory smells of a country breakfast being cooked downstairs. I felt like I was back at my parents house as a child. Mitch and Linda genuinely care for their guests and I wish we had more time after breakfast to sit with them in the glass porch area. It was a balmy -15 outside when we arrived and being met by a roaring fire in the parlor and a jovial Mitch really set the tone for the weekend. Mitch is a real charmer and Linda is a wonderful woman. I would definitely recommend the Glen Oaks to anyone. Also, if you are lucky enough to be there when they are serving the raspberry white chocolate scones, you MUST try one. They are to die for!!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 January 2012

I was the lucky one to find Glen Oaks Inn and were able to share this with our friends who met us there. We came in on the worst weather conditions, but when
we walked through the door and were greated by Linda and felt the warm charm of of the Inn I knew it was the right choice. I loved the feeling of being in the Inn, not
to mention the cooking skills of both Mitch and Linda. This was a very cold weekend but our room was cozy and warm. The Inn was first most clean, comfortable and the friendship brought forth from Mitch and Linda made you want to stay longer. Thank you again Mitch and Linda for your hospitality.
Nancy and Ralph Dexter
Bridgewater, Ma. 02324

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 January 2012

It was just by chance that a friend found the Inn on the internet. We stayed 2 nights, they stayed 3. The Inn is very quaint, homey, comfortable, relaxing, welcoming and just a delight! Linda and Mitch were excellent hosts and superb cooks! The breakfasts of belgium waffles, blueberry pancakes, sausage, scones, pumpkin bread that we had were "oh my God" so very good! We had the chance to talk with both Linda & Mitch about their journey to become B&B owners and found their lives very interesting and fulfilling. The room was exceptionally clean, the bed very comfortable and the bathroom much bigger than your usual hotel room. While we were there, the temps outside dropped to the single digits, but not once did we lack for warmth. The Inn is close to ski trails, shopping and restaurants. Thank you Linda & Mitch for making our stay an enjoyable one! ~Jerry & Eileen, Whitman, Ma.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Intervale
5.5 km away
Swiss Chalets Village Inn
#2 of 3 in Intervale
8.6 km away
Attitash Grand Summit Hotel

Been to Glen Oaks Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK