Review Highlights
Some of the best boarding I've had in the Northeast.

Reviewed 2 May 2018
Tom B
Lake Grove, New York
Family snowboarding lesson

Reviewed 27 March 2018
Lisa M

All reviews discounted tickets fall foliage bunny slope staff are so friendly and helpful skiing beginners lodge skier wedding northeast concord state manchester
Reviewed 2 May 2018

This was our families second stop after loon mountain for some ski/boarding and it was some of the best conditions I'be had skiing in the Northeast. Trails were well kept with no over crowding, everything was open and the lifts kept everyone moving, great views from the peaks as well as lots of parking. Rentals and lessons provided as well as plenty of eating and drinking options, would deff go again and would highly recommended for families.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

My family of 5, including three children aged 5 (twins) and 7 attended Pats Peak for a family snowboarding lesson. None of us had ever snowboarded before and we were lucky enough to have 'Papa Joe' as our instructor. My 7 year old was not initially willing to snowboard until Joe somehow convinced her to give it a go (my husband and I had long since given up trying!) after that we couldn't get her to stop!
Joe stayed with us well after our 1.5 hour lesson and ensured all of us were comfortable and having a good time before leaving us to our own thing. After our lesson we stayed at Pats Peak for the rest of the afternoon. We found all of the staff to be very friendly and the entire area to be even better than we had hoped for. We didn't make it off the beginners hill so I can't comment on the rest of the mountain l but I would absolutely recommend lessons at Pats Peak for first time skiers.

Reviewed 2 March 2018

I first learned to ski at Pat's Peak back around 1980 when my cousins took me there for my first lesson ever. Now I had the chance to take my granddaughter to her first ski lesson ever and I knew it had to be Pat's Peak. The staff is very friendly, the mountain has trails for all needs but we never left the bunny slope with her lessons. Renting skis is easy and simple and they took the time to fit her with boots that were comfortable. This is a great value and a good place to start until you become a proficient skier and can graduate to the larger mountains in northern NH. The location in Henniker is so close to Manchester and Concord that makes is so convenient to get to. Next trip she wants to try to learn snowboarding which they also teach.

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

I love coming to this place bits so laid back and great for beginners! I don’t feel overwhelmed trying to learn and all the staff are so friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

Rented snow shoes and we hiked their longer trail (approximately 3.8 miles) - it was fun and definitely easy to moderate. Not a lot of nice vistas but a well laid out and marked trail.

Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

Went skiing here the first weekend of Jan 2018, the lodge was pretty packed but the trail conditions were great and the lines for the lifts were very short, overall we had a great time. One of our friends was able to get discounted tickets, I’m not sure that I would have spent full price for this mountains but I would go back!

Reviewed 30 December 2017

We really wanted to enjoy our time tubing. We were really looking forward to it. We got there and it seemed awesome! As soon as we got to the tubing part we sensed something was off. The workers were VERY young. There was even a 14 year old working! We tried it anyway. The tubing was fine it was more the staff who made it unpleasant. There were 4 lanes of tubing. It went a decent speed. The staff made us feel too old. It always seemed like they were judging. They seemed to want to make it more fun for the kids with parents with them. Also the young kids and kinda ignored us. Besides when we did something 'wrong'. If the staff had been more friendly and the tubing up beat then it would have been more enjoyable. -TwoTeens

Reviewed 27 December 2017

I go here for ski club at my school and i got to say, this is a fun ski area! I love how they had such a good varity of terran, Expert, Intermidiate, Begginer, you name it, they have it! The food is good too! I like the burgers and fries, but they have the most delicous cookies. Although it's not my favorite ski area, its still really good for family's!

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

Just spent two days in Vermont looking at fall foliage. It hasn't peaked yet but the drive between Weston and Chester on the Chester mountain road was spectacular. The central part of the state appears to be the best.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

It was a wonderful wedding at Pats Peak and the event staff helped make it a wedding we (guests) will never forget. We had beautiful weather and the mountain scenery just popped, stood out in all its grandeur. The ceremony was held outside with the bridal party on the steps of the gazebo and inside it. The guests were seated on the deck. It is a perfect spot to see the ceremony although I would highly recommend a retractable awning or sail be erected that would provide shade for the guests sitting in the hot sun. The reception inside was prefect. Of special note was the quality of the food. While the selection was limited all of the food was cooked perfectly and tasted great, even down to the perfectly roasted round of beef and the poached chicken. Of particular note was the bar. I have seldom seen an events center bar with as many choices especially with beer and wine. Also, the bar tenders, Nicole and Matt, her assistant, were top notch. Very professional and friendly. Their mixed cocktails were superb. Great job, you two, you helped make the evening special for us. Lastly, I personally want to Tony, the event coordinator/manager. Fine job, thanks. While we were the guests, everything appeared to go great and as I said above, the food and bar exceeded expectations. Thanks!

1  Thank PaulW346