“Super Preppy and Very Good Food”

Murphy's On The Green
Ranked #4 of 39 Restaurants in Hanover
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Irish
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Drinks, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Murphy's on the Green - Exceptional Food in Hanover, New Hampshire *** Murphy's is very LOCAL. We purchase almost all of our meat, produce, dairy and bread products from our many high quality Upper Valley Farms and purveyors and we appeal to the new 'locavore' movement... eating and purchasing food within 100 miles of your location. Our 'day boat' seafood comes 'hand picked' from the docks of Boston. We are proud members of the Vermont Food Network.
NYC
“Super Preppy and Very Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

My daughter and I were visiting Dartmouth College and liked the curb appeal of this restaurant for dinner. We were seated in the rear (which I recommend) in an adorable room which is set up to look like a kind of Ivy League style library, with rich black painted cabinetry and old bound books galore. It is definitely hopping with college kids, so if you are aiming for privacy or a quiet dinner, skip it. The food was very good. The falafel fritters appetizer was great and not super-fried at all. The mushroom and gruyere tart appetizer (which I had as a main course) was also quite good, though a little heavy. My daughter had a fresh crab and cucumber tartare appetizer which the waitress was clever to advise us did have mayonnaise. She didn't like it, but I thought it was good. This restaurant has a nice bar in the front as well. I really loved the ambiance in the back room and would gladly return. I bet they have a great burger....so that is what I would try next!

Visited March 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Hanover, New Hampshire
“Fantastic restaurant, best in Hanover.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2012

Murphy's is fantastic in every way. Great menu, great food, great service. Looking forward to their new BBQ restaurant in town--3 Guys BBQ.

• Visited March 2012
“Over priced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

Food was good. Not fabulous. Very over priced for portion and quality. Very small menu. No salad soup or even bread served with entree what restaurant doesn't serve bread now a days? Not impressed. Food was good and service was good but way o er priced. Even for Hanover....my beat advice...include. bread with each seating and include a soup or salad with entrees. Hanover is decent but no reason to take advantage by over pricing average meals with minimal included. C'mon.....what restaurant doesn't serve bread now a days.... I only go e 2-3 stars at most. Id rather spend my money at weathervane or the 99

FL
“Welcoming”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

Not for the calorie counter. Great food with creative preparations. Our waiter was enthusiastic, knowledgeable, and personable. We sat in the back library...neat room.

Visited March 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun atmosphere and great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2012

We were looking for a casual dining experience with good menu options and great food. Murphys was the right choice!