“Excellent service”
Review of Six South St Hotel

Six South St Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Hanover
Reviewed 28 February 2012

I was most impressed with Six South. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. Our room was very comfortable and spacious with a great bathroom. Everything was clean, clean, clean and the sheets and towels even smelled great! You can tell that a lot of thought went into planning this hotel. Super location too! I'd stay here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Corner rooms have windows on two sides and are very quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
ssshanover, General Manager at Six South St Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2012

Thanks so much for your glowing review.....particularly the headline of "excellent service"! Here at Six South the staff is sincerely dedicated to making positive impressions on our guests. It's very gratifying to receive your feedback. I will share your comments with all.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 29 January 2012

The hotel turned me away with a confirmed reservation made weeks earlier, after first telling me that I needed to show a government ID to justify a low online rate. After I offered to pay at a higher rate, they then informed me that there was no room available at all. The managers are disorganized and incompetent. Be sure to stay elsewhere unless you want to risk ending up, as I did, in Vermont despite a confirmed reservation at this poorly managed hotel.

Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank ellen d
ssshanover, General Manager at Six South St Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2012

Ellen D
I am extremely sorry for the distressing situation that you were subjected to at check-in for your confirmed reservation here at Six South. To say the least, we did not handle our over-booked predicament very well. As such, I offer my humble apologies. I certainly understand the frustrations with management that necessitated this review and take full responsibility for our failure to handle this situation with better care. I would appreciate the opportunity to do whatever
we can to make you feel just a bit better about our hotel and am open to what you would deem fair, as good faith compensation for your time & trouble.
In the meantime, I will work with staff members to make sure that we do things better the next time, when confronted with a similar situation. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Reviewed 7 January 2012

I really like the new Six South St. Hotel in Hanover, NH. It was within walking distance to Dartmouth College and all the restaurants and shopping of Hanover. Staff was very friendly. They even allow pets!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 December 2011

Hanover sorely needed more accommodations and Six South Street is a perfect addition! Lobby and rooms are exactly what you would except in a trendy big city hotel. Rooms and bathrooms are also large.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 December 2011

A really nice hotel - I would recommend it for it's ambiance and location. The staff was extremely pleasant and helpful. They were able to let us check in very early which gave us the whole day to shop and explore Hanover. The room was very upscale and nicely decorated. Extremely clean too. We didn't use the hotel's restaurant but the staff told us the chef was excellent - maybe next time. We were given a special rate because of an event we were attending which was the reason we chose this property. The only thing I might suggest to the management is to perhaps put a little better lighting in the room but that was a very minor problem.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dquigley86
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hanover
0.2 km away
Hampton Inn White River Junction
#1 of 8 in White River Junction
7.6 km away
Holiday Inn Express & Suites White River Junction
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Whi...
#3 of 8 in White River Junction

Been to Six South St Hotel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK