“Enjoyed our stay at Lamies Inn”

Lamies Inn and The Old Salt Tavern
Ranked #1 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
Reviewed 17 September 2017

We stayed for 3 nights at Lamies Inn. The beds were comfortable, the rooms very clean. We had a second floor room and I was grateful for that because it is a VERY busy place! The air conditioner kept the outside noise to a minimum. I think I would ask for a room facing the back of the building for added quiet. We did have a few times where smells seemed to come in through the air conditioner. The staff was very friendly. Our stay included a continental breakfast in the Old Salt Restaurant, which is attached to the Inn. This included bagels, toast, cereal, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, fruit, assorted Danish, coffee, tea and orange juice. This was the perfect start to our day of exploring, as Hampton Beach was very close, as well as Portsmouth. Lamies Inn is located at a busy intersection. The spot in town where it is located is NOT a quaint walkable area. Go to Portsmouth for that! Friday night there was a band in the dining area (Old Salt Restaurant) and we were NOT disturbed by the music - we never heard it! A nice stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor and the back of the building would be best for quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 September 2017

My husband took me here for dinner with friends. We were amazed by the size of the fishermen s platter. It is really large and very good. Everyone in our party loved the meals they ordered. There is also a lot of history on the building on the menu and pictures and articles on the walls. I highly recommend this restaurant.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 September 2017

I've seen other reviews and have to agree with old and tired. The bed was probably covered in a plastic mattress pad that kep all three of us awake all night. I also don't understand the great reviews of the restaurant. The food was at best cafeteria qality. Be warned!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 August 2017

Everything was very good. Matt, our waiter, was great, he was very attentive but did not hover. That alone adds 20 points in my book. Obviously the food was great. The salmon was cooked perfectly and the garlic potatoes, scrumptious. My wife had a meal with scallops, she said they were the best she had had in awhile. My dad was very impressed with the surf and turf. My eldest son had the shrimp scampi and he loved it. My middle son had a pasta dish, which he also loved. My youngest, he had chicken fingers, which he ate very well. All and all the most common description, in addition to delicious was large, every meal was at least 30% larger then normal sized meals, and with three boys that always affects our choice to come back to this restaurant. We chose this restaurant because my wife remembered coming here back in late '79 or '80 when she was very young with her brothers and sisters. It is good to know that it has kept up its quality of food. My review is ONLY for the restaurant. The hotel looked very pleasant but I did not even go in it.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

Dinner at the Old Salt was a pleasant alternative to the lobster pounds and place-your-order-in-a-line and wait type places we often visit. It was nice to be served comfortably and get good meals that were freshly prepared.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hampton
4 km away
10.2 km away
Exeter Inn
Exeter Inn
#3 of 3 in Exeter

Been to Lamies Inn and The Old Salt Tavern? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK