All reviewsnew englandcontinental breakfastchocolate fountainclam chowderfresh fruithard boiled eggshampton beachscallopsallow petsshort driveno elevatordefinitely stay here againbed was comfortablenice staybrunchpresidentdwight
Reviewed 8 September 2017

My husband took me here for dinner with friends. We were amazed by the size of the fishermen s platter. It is really large and very good. Everyone in our party loved the meals they ordered. There is also a lot of history on the building on the menu and pictures and articles on the walls. I highly recommend this restaurant.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 September 2017

I've seen other reviews and have to agree with old and tired. The bed was probably covered in a plastic mattress pad that kep all three of us awake all night. I also don't understand the great reviews of the restaurant. The food was at best cafeteria qality. Be warned!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 August 2017

Everything was very good. Matt, our waiter, was great, he was very attentive but did not hover. That alone adds 20 points in my book. Obviously the food was great. The salmon was cooked perfectly and the garlic potatoes, scrumptious. My wife had a meal with scallops, she said they were the best she had had in awhile. My dad was very impressed with the surf and turf. My eldest son had the shrimp scampi and he loved it. My middle son had a pasta dish, which he also loved. My youngest, he had chicken fingers, which he ate very well. All and all the most common description, in addition to delicious was large, every meal was at least 30% larger then normal sized meals, and with three boys that always affects our choice to come back to this restaurant. We chose this restaurant because my wife remembered coming here back in late '79 or '80 when she was very young with her brothers and sisters. It is good to know that it has kept up its quality of food. My review is ONLY for the restaurant. The hotel looked very pleasant but I did not even go in it.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

Dinner at the Old Salt was a pleasant alternative to the lobster pounds and place-your-order-in-a-line and wait type places we often visit. It was nice to be served comfortably and get good meals that were freshly prepared.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

We absolutely loved our stay at this cozy 32 room inn. The morning continental breakfasts were great with bagels, cereal, fruit and various danish.
Highly recommend staying there, it is a quick trip to the hampton beaches.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple