“Horrible Greeting and Stay”

Seascape Inn at Plaice Cove
Ranked #24 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
Boston
“Horrible Greeting and Stay”
Reviewed 18 August 2011

This is a sorry excuse for a hotel. This was the worst experience at a hotel I have ever had. To start with, when I called to book the room, I was told that the hotel was on the main beach by the owner/manager: FALSE. It is about ten minutes driving distance north of the beach. So to go to the main beach in car, you would have to pay for parking (minimum $15). When I first got there around 9pm, we were not greeted by friendly staff as some reviews suggest, instead there was a post-it on the window of the office as the attached picture shows. As we went upstairs to get settled in we realized the A/C unit was not working. Not knowing who to call we stuck it out. Not only was the A/C not working but the room itself was falling apart. I was completely disgusted; lint all over the floor, paint falling off the walls. I was appalled at the room and hotel itself. The next morning, I politely went downstairs to mention to the owner/manager that the A/C was not working, to which he responded "Well, there was an emergency number you could have called." I told him I was unaware of the number and when I looked at the front again I still could not see one, just the TripAdvisor review flyer. After going upstairs and letting my boyfriend know of his comment, we proceeded to just pack our stuff and leave. As we were on our way out, the owner/manager came through the door and headed right for the A/C. He began banging it a couple of times, and when the A/C finally started he said, "wow, what a miracle." I could not believe his rude attitude. After we spent a horrible night there, the least he could do was be nice about the situation. I couldn't believe that after sweating through the night, he would come in and be so rude and obnoxious after I was very polite and nice when telling him of the situation. A manager would try to be understanding of the situation and try to find a solution and apologize, he did just the opposite. Things escalated from there after I told him he did not have to be so condescending and the minute he snapped back at me, my boyfriend came to my defense. The manager continued calling us a piece of crap (worse profanity was used) and refused to leave the room until we 'got the heck out' (Again, he used worse language and profanity). I was very uncomfortable at this point. Being a young lady and guest, I have never been yelled at and treated that way, non-the-less by a manager of a hotel. After non-stop yelling from him for about what seemed forever, my boyfriend finally managed to get him out so we could finish grabbing our bags. When he went downstairs to return the key, the manager/owner kept at it, cursing and yelling at him. All my boyfriend could do at this point was laugh and leave. I am glad to have only spent a night there. If 1 night was this horrible I can only imagine a whole vacation. Do not stay here. Avoid it at all costs. There are many other actual hotels on the beach.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Sdae
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Weare, New Hampshire
Reviewed 16 August 2011

The people the best. We had our two dogs with us and they were very accommodating. The hotel was right across the street from the beach, with easy access. The room was a decent size and very clean. I've stayed in other pet-friendly hotels and not had it be so clean and the people so nice. Every morning, we were greeted with a smile, hello, coffee and danishes. I highly recommend this place to anyone.

Plainville, Massachusetts
Reviewed 8 August 2011

Nice little place, just north of the busy/noicey strip. Dog friendly (a big plus). Friendly and helpfull staff, beach just across the street. Take a walk on the beach @ 2:30 in the morning you won't regret it. We are going back in the fall. Give it a shot

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Malta, New York
Reviewed 7 July 2011

We stayed at the Seascape with our 3 boys and yellow lab. Finally, we found a pet-friendly place near the beach. Everyone was friendly and helpful. Our dog loved running around on the beach. We loved that we were far enough away from the busy boardwalk, yet close enough to go there when we felt like it. The location of the Seascape has a very quaint feel and we had a great trip. We would definitely stay here again!

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 4 July 2011

We rented 2 rooms this past week-end and we considered ourselves lucky! It was a long week-end in Canada and US, so chances were minimal. Especially that we have a mini schnauzer that travels with us anywhere and we heard that NH is the most unfriendly of all us states. It was a nice surprise - Randy and his team were great, I don't know if I ever saw so many dogs on the beach in any state I visited, people in general were friendly and helpful. If you have a dog and you need a place to stay, you found it!
The motel was clean and quiet, the beds were very comfortable , the beach right across the street, bar&grill one block away.
We drove to Hampton Beach - 3 miles - but that just made us appreciate more the place we've choose - away from crowds but close enough if you miss them.
We loved the place and the area, we will go back for sure. Good luck Randy and keep it like that!

1 Thank Alexa42_10