All reviews kitchen area hampton beach good size ocean view private balcony great place to stay
Reviewed 4 August 2015

Facilities are well maintained, rooms are quite large. Price was very reasonable. Would certainly stay again. The staff was also very friendly and the parking situation was easy to navigate. The pool and hot tub were great

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 August 2015 via mobile

I read a lot of reviews but have never written one. I decided after staying here it was time! We stayed here for two nights and it is definitely not worth the price. We had a queen "suite" with a queen bed and two twin beds. Upon entering my seven year old immediately said "are we really staying here? This place is gross!" The room with the queen bed and TV is what you walk into and it was so small you could barely move around in it. It smelled very musty. From there you walk into the kitchenette and that is where they stuck a twin bed- in the kitchen! The second twin bed was a pull out under the other twin! There was barely room to even pull it out!
The kitchen was small and dirty. There was an old coffee pot and toaster that I would never touch or eat off of. The utensil drawer looked like it had not been cleaned in ages. It had dirt and crusty food in it. The stove top was the old coil type with old foil in it to catch the crumbs. The crumbs and old food that fell into the foil were still there so they didn't even bother to change the foil. The bathroom was very tiny and smelled very musty with an old shower curtain. There were lots of spiders in the corners that we had to go around and clean out. The walls had stains and dirt on them that was easily wiped off but they didn't bother to do so. The floor was a combo of carpet and pergo that must not have been cleaned in a long time! My crawling baby was on the floor for five minutes and her hands, knees and feet were black with dirt! It took a whole can of Clorox wipes to get the place to a point where you can even tolerate it! They say free wifi but the wifi did not work at all unless you were right near the office and there are only two floors. We said something about it and they just said "your room is probably too far away from the router" . The pool was absolutely freezing and dirty with hair and bugs.

The only positive is that it is across from the Beach and the towels and sheets smelled clean. This place is in need of some serious updating and cleaning! Look elsewhere. We spoke to several people staying in nearby motels that had good things to say.

Date of stay: August 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Jentulacro
Reviewed 3 August 2015

We booked a room at the last minute looking for a quick getaway on the beach, with a pool and pet friendly.

Great location on the beach if you just want to walk across the street to the beach.

Pool was a little too cold for me but there were people in enjoying it. Around the pool is a bunch of chairs to sit in and read once you need to get out of the sun.

Rooms were average. Staff was very friendly. A/C worked great. Our room didn't really have a view. Walls were a little thin as I did hear the kids next to us and above.

If I need another couple night get away I would stay again.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joanie W
Reviewed 3 August 2015

We really enjoyed our stay here! The rooms can be small but very comfortable and clean. You spend most of your time outside so this did not impact us at all. The balconies are fantastic!! Staff are very accommodating and friendly!! No ice machine but market a few steps away so not a deal breaker either. The location is on the quieter end of the board walk. Great place overall!!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Kate R
Reviewed 22 July 2015 via mobile

We stayed at Hampton a month ago at the Janmere motel. It was so bad there, that after staying at the Atlantic I wanted to give them an accurate review. The staff interactions with us were minimal. But, The extremely cute girl at the front desk was polite, nice, accommodating, and treated us well!!!! The hotel is well built. Nice sliders and decks etc. Nice rooms! Loved our bed lots of pillows (no idea what other reviewers complained about!). The views from all the decks are beautiful. Our room was really clean, and way more charm then your average motel. Pool was very refreshing on a 90+ temp day. People on reviews complaining it's cold? Made me laugh. Love the pool. Like how the girl who checked us in was very nice about parking, about everything. She let us park there after check out the next day. No problem. I thought the place was great. I wish it was maybe $30-50 cheaper as we paid $200. Not sure why so much. But I would 100% recommend anyone to stay here. I'd disregard any poor reviews. No issues what so ever to report. I found the place to be very clean. We will be back for sure. I'd take this place 100 times over the dump the janmere motel. Whatever you do don't subject your family to the Janmere. As for the Atlantic......loved it. Really nice stay. Thank you.

Date of stay: July 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank MrCCCC