“Dirty! Never Again.”
Review of Stone Gable Inn

Stone Gable Inn
Ranked #38 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
Reviewed 25 July 2016

Booked for a single night. Room not ready at 4 PM. Bathroom filthy-black ring in toilet and on floor around toilet prior to cleaning and not much better after. Still dirt on sink. shower curtain soiled for 6 In at bottom. Missing a light bulb and fixture over bed for reading. Broken frig replaced with new model. Dings in wall-needed repainting. Reeked of cigarette smoke. If I wasn't tired would have left. Sheets on bed were clean. towels clean. Informed management and seems they have problems managing due to health issues. Bad place to stay.

Room Tip: Not here. Find another place.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo

Reviewed 17 July 2016

PART 1: My wife and I, along with my granddaughter ( age 5 ) checked into the room at 8:30 last night, Saturday. I don't know where to begin, what I do know is if my granddaughter was not exhausted and needed to sleep, I would have never stayed. The place was completely disgusting. It was 89 degrees when we arrived - the ac unit did not work, would run but condenser did not kick in, the filter on it had never been cleaned, it was so gross - the doors have no dead bolt, had to use a chair to lock the door. The walls throughout were filthy, place smelled like cigarettes! I decided I would speak with them in the am before I left about our complete dissatisfaction.

PART II: We couldn't get out of this place fast enough in the am. Once I strapped my granddaughter in the car seat, I walked into the office to discuss my concerns. The foreign women behind the counter was watching the news on her cell phone ( the office is as disgusting as the rooms ). I had to ask her to shut off her phone so I could talk with her ( I wanted her to hear what I had to say ) I covered every square inch of how 50% reduction in the rate I payed and that would still be too much. Explained that the AC did not work, no lock on the door, place was filthy, etc. Get ready for this, and I swear to god on the life of my kids that this is what she said - " Shaking her head she said she would not discount anything and that " the people of this "country" are no good! I just about lost it - I couldn't believe what I had just heard, so I had to repeat to her what she had just said to confirm, and she said yes, "they are no good" I told her that people of America have standards and if she feels that way why does she have a business in this country. I told her that I would be contacting the department of health along with the attorney generals office with hopes that this place either closes or cleans up their act. WIsh they would sell out to an American and go back to their country! DONT STAY HERE!!!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 June 2016

It was the worst room I ever stayed in it was like being in a third world country. There was mold Black Mold all over the bathroom. The city of Hampton alowing this hotel to opperate is unsatisfatory, It makes you wonder what other hotels in the area must be like. It has to in violation of every Code in the book. I am contacting the better business Bureau or who ever will listen this place needs to shut down.

Room Tip: Do not go there
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank robcmckay
Reviewed 14 September 2015 via mobile

Beyond disgusting and unsafe, unable to sleep because the cigarette smell was so strong made me sick of my stomach, they don't know how to sanitize anything, makes you wonder how the sheets and blankets are cleaned! NEVER AGAIN!!!!!

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 September 2015 via mobile

For Labor Day weekend we had reserved this hotel for two nights.. After driving a little more over five hours to get there once we arrive the guy at the front desk come and laughs and says they called me but I didn't pick up and my credit card was declined so he sold my room.. He never wanted to show me that my credit card was declined; which is impossible and laughed and said he was booked and all of the hotels are booked also didn't want to help us out either! so we looked around and a nice girl at dunns motel helped us out we ended up having to drive 45 minutes for the nearest available hotel! I would never recommend this hotel for the lack of costumer service and for not respecting that I did have book a room!

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends