“Disgusting stay away”
Review of Stone Gable Inn

Stone Gable Inn
Ranked #38 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
Reviewed 19 July 2015

I was not expecting a great stay and I was not disappointed, I walked in room and I had booked a non smoking room and room reeked of stale cigarette smoke. Went back down and asked if I could look at another room and lights did not work when we were checking out in morning saw cigarette butts under bed. Stay away sleep in your car!

Room Tip: The non smoking rooms are not smoke free
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank johnkennie20
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Stone Gable Inn

Reviewed 18 July 2015

We turned the key in the lock, which we later found out did not work at all, and entered into a cramped, dark room, scented with cigarette smoke - regardless of the fact that this was labeled a "non-smoking" room. A mysterious brown substance sat atop the bed, and someone's half-finished Coke remained in the mini-fridge. There were ashes in the bedside drawer. We then discovered that the bathroom had no door. No door. And there was a lovely brown stain lingering in the toilet. We sat on the bed, wondering if we would be able to tolerate the room, and then decided to test the flimsy lock on the door. When we found out that it didn't work--despite a creepy man drinking a beer outside a neighboring room insisting that we simply had to "pull it"--that was the last straw for us. We desperately booked a hotel room 15 miles away over the phone, returned our (useless) key to the front desk clerk, who thankfully refunded half of our price, and steered a nice couple who had just arrived in the parking lot away from a nightmare of their own. We spent a total of thirty minutes at this place but felt completely unsafe, disgusted, and shaken in that short time.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Abby E
Reviewed 16 July 2015 via mobile

The room size is decent, but the cleanliness isn't so great. The bathroom has a tilt where any water that gets outside the shower drains to one side where a thick line of moldy silicone stops it and puddles it up. You have two towels "full size" and when you asked for more they are rude and say "don't ruine them" . I sure as hell am not using my own towels to dry their floors. The shower also leaked from the handle, the only ventilation was a small window and the ceiling had some kind of cover over something where I assume the bugs were coming in from. The carpet in the room felt disgusting on you're feet, there were cob webs in corners where it had obviously not been cleaned for sometime.
Around 2am a girl ran screaming by all the rooms and a man came out yelling at her (I know that isn't their fault) followed by car alarms. I watched a man come to the office for a room while the guy working stood outside chit chatting to someone else (a friend) for at least ten minutes until we had left. Place was a dorm room and for a little extra you can stay somewhere else and probably closer to the oven. Will not be staying again.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Kyle H
Reviewed 9 July 2015

I tried to get a refund on this room. The Indian man stated the room was perfect and I should have informed him at time of checking in it was bad. We arrived late from an international flight .We took a shower and tried to go to sleep. The room reeked of pot and at 0400am we I could not stand it no more I got up and went into the office and no one was available to talk. There was black mold and just filth everywhere. This place needs condemned bottom line . I cannot believe it's even registered on travel sites.

Room Tip: Very seedy place
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank zuHause51
Reviewed 30 June 2015

the location for this two story old style motel, now called an Inn is great---couple miles from Hampton Beach and the rooms are clean, refrigerator and a microwave but who needs that when there are great places for breakfast lunch and dinner right close by.
we have stayed there twice one last year once this year and the folks that run the place are very accommodating---regardless of other reviews we will be staying there next year too!

Room Tip: all rooms are pretty much the same we had a King room
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family