Review Highlights

Fall Colors

Reviewed 21 October 2017
alcor1922
Alameda, California

All reviews the grill the check in process bathrooms and showers campsite sites trees lakes bacteria
Reviewed 6 August 2018

The thing that stood out the most was the number of staff that were around. I was surprised, having thought that tighter state and federal budgets have cut into staffing in parks. Everyone was very friendly also. The showers were relatively clean, it's a campsite after all. Our site was fine, no trash, close to a spigot.

Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

We came for a few nights in mid May. Not many people here. Maybe it’s too early in the season to do maintenance, but we found trash all around our site and the water spigots are rusted and broken. Not even sure if the water is potable. It’s so NH though — no tax base and no funds to maintain state infrastructure. I will not come here again.

Oh, and the bathrooms? Not so good.

3  Thank boyd_robin6
Reviewed 21 October 2017

The Fall colors were late but we were blessed to see them in this park before we flew back home. It was by chance that we drove by and saw the sign leading to the park. The park was empty as the weather does not look good. It actually started to drizzle before we drove back to the main road.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

My grandkids love to camp here, and invited me over for dinner. The campsites are wooded, with water and bathrooms nearby. The blueberries were ripening and we found lots of blackberries, too, on our walk down to the water, which made for great pancakes the next morning. The finding of frogs is a favorite pastime while at the Park.

1  Thank janpack13
Reviewed 30 August 2017

This is a great place to go camping and I would recommend it to everyone and anyone. I went up here in the middle of August to camp the old fashion way (with a tent), and I could not have had a better experience here. I have been camping before, but a lot of places I have been have had the campsites very close together. Greenfield State Park had very spacious spots, with trees in between to make each spot seem a little private and secluded. The first night there it poured out, but we set up a canopy tent and sat underneath with some cocktails and the grill and had an awesome time. The next day was beautiful and we were able to enjoy having a fire and hanging out. The campground was well kept, aside from the giant potholes in the road. The bathrooms were very clean, and that was appreciated. The check-in process was so simple and only took a minute to do, and the campsite in general was easy to find and cheap to stay at! We already said that we will be coming back next year, and we are really looking forward to it.

1  Thank Alexandra_Brook
Reviewed 19 July 2017

We recently camped at Greenfield State Park with 11 other groups of family members. It is a nice state park. The sites were really big and nicely laid out. There were tons of wild blueberries to pick. The bathrooms and showers are average. We came on a Thursday and left on a Sunday. There were very few people there on Thursday, but it was very busy on the weekend. Unfortunately, the bacteria count was too high to swim for some of the days we were there. One of the beaches was open on the weekend, but it was very crowded. If swimming is a must, you should call and check ahead. There are some great hikes in the area, a plus for us. This park offered some educational nature programs, by Ranger Julia. The programs were excellent!

Reviewed 10 July 2017

I love this campground, I've been here maybe 6 times over the last 15 years. The sites are wide and spacious and thoughtfully designed with growth (trees and brush) left between sites. It feels more private than most campgrounds I've stayed at. Great bike rides and hikes/walks around the campground. While you're in the area, check out the town.

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

Nice state park with beaches plenty of parking, and the lake is beautiful. Wish we would have brought our kayak.

Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

Went here Memorial Day weekend for a few hours. Will be back in July for an overnight tent site. Peaceful and fun!

Reviewed 19 October 2016

Beautiful state park. We went in October and most of the park had already shut down for winter. I am certain that it is a very busy place during the summer.