“For the $ you can't beat it.”

Town & Country Inn and Resort
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Gorham
Reviewed 3 January 2012

We stayed at the T&C along with 6 other couples over the New Years Holiday. The rate we paid included Dinner, Entertainment, Champagne toast at Midnight, Breakfast Buffet, & a standard room. I must say the Labnon family works extremely hard to keep the Town and Country running strong. Is it The Four Seasons or The Ritz? Not at all and nor does it try to be. At the T&C you will get a clean and comfortable room, with access to many amenities, at a price that is hard to beat.
With that, I do feel they could do modernization and updating of the rooms, dining room, and especially the menu as it feels a bit tired and dated.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank musiclover1013
Scott L, Owner at Town & Country Inn and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2012

Thank you for joining us for our New Years Celebration and happy you were pleased with the food, lodging and the value. We are always working on updating the property and our services and I would be pleased to have any suggestions on making the NYE experience better, please feel free to write or email me. Again thank you for visiting us at the Town & Country Inn and Happy New Year.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 21 December 2011

I would like to start by saying we have been visiting Town & Country for nearly four years now. I am a single dad with five small children, four of which are quadruplet children. We originally began staying at the Inn because of it's convenient location to Santa's Village, Storyland and the Mount Washington Valley area. Now my kids don't want to stay anywhere else. If you have a large family, like I am blessed with, they have the perfect rooms to accomodate all of you. All six of us stay in one room and it is so much fun to be together, that's what vacation is all about, right? Our room has always been clean and the staff has ensured that we get everything we need throughout our stay. Simply put, my kids and I love it there. From the rooms, the indoor pool and the fantastic dining room, you just can't get a better value. Most importantly, as we all know about business, it's the people that make the difference. At Town & Country, that IS the difference!!! The owners, and specifically Scott, have gone out of their way to accomodate my family and it's always done with a smile. Terrific ownership is where it all begins. The staff follows that example and they are all so friendly and helpful.... and when you travel with five children, that means allot!! My kids feel so "at home" there and that's because of the people. After a long day at Santa's Village or Storyland, they can't wait to go back and use the pool and have one of those great meals on the menu in the dining room....which is also great food at a great price. I typically feed all six of us for under $50 because of the great "kids meal" menu. The dining room staff is the same as the rest of the staff at Town & Country. Kind, friendly, warm people and that makes for a GREAT stay. I highly recommend a visit to this wonderful, family Inn. It is a family run business, and it has family values in mind. All this at one of the most reasonable prices in the area. And did I mention the views from most of the rooms? Awesome. Although I don't have time to gold while I'm there (go figure), the course looks beautiful and the views are breathtaking. I can do without gold faucets and fancy set ups..... I have been vacationing in New England since I was a young boy and this place brings back all the memories I had as a child of staying in a friendly, warm place that made me feel like I belong. That's how my kids feel and, as a parent, that's all I can ask for. WE love the Town & Country Motor Inn and we thank Scott and his family for the wonderful job they do with the facility and it's staff!

Room Tip: If you have a large family, inquire on the rooms upstairs in the main building, if not, being in the...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Thank you for visiting us and writing this positive review. We are happy to be able to accommodate your family and have all of you enjoy our dining room. Having repeat guests is very important to us. We look forward to you joining us again and continuing to be part of your families experience in the White Mountains.

Reviewed 17 December 2011

This motor inn is on the border between Gorham and Shelburne..it is exactly the same motor inn listed as the Town and Country Motor Inn Restaurant in Shelburne on TripAdvisor. We stayed here over Thanksgiving a few nights because we were visiting both family and friends in the area. We arrived on Thanksgiving evening and were pleased to find a very reasonably-priced Thanksgiving dinner available at the restaurant, which was quite busy. Our room was on the ground floor, had two double beds and was neat and clean. There was a relatively new bathroom, good cable tv, and a very good fitness center. The small pool was mobbed by children, even at night, but fortunately, their parents were there to keep an eye on them. The staff at the front desk were courteous and friendly. Only major flaw we found was that the bed mattresses were rather hard, so at least I slept on the quilt and folded it over me. There were supposed to be assigned parking spaces for people on the ground floor, but that was not a rule that everyone followed and we had to park a distance from our assigned room because someone had taken our assigned space and only got into their vehicle as we were leaving. Over all, we thought this was a "good" place to stay, and we would go there again. The rating system of TripAdvisor goes from "average" to "very good", but we found the Town and Country Inn and Resort to be "good", compared to our experiences elsewhere.

Room Tip: The fitness center is on the second floor of the long building, while the pool is on the first floor...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 November 2011

Thankfully we were only here for one night as part of a tour. The room had a very strange smell when first entered so had to leave the door open to air it out. The bar staff were rude, when my wife asked for a menu the barman said 'she wants a menu' and was then told they didnt have any and to go to the restaurant for it.

The food in the restaurant was nice and the waitress was very nice so it was redeemed slightly but then failed again in the morning when the service for breakfast was slow and the waiter didnt know the difference between the omelette we ordered and the scrambled egg we were given.

Wouldnt stay there again and we also found out that the travel company we went with are also no longer using this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2011

Average motel but the scenery and location are superb. Rooms are comfortable and clean. Dining room is very convenient with linen tablecloths and beautiful views from the windows. There is a faint odor when you walk into the dining room itself which is stale smelling. I was not the only one to notice this another breakfast diner was overheard to comment on this. I ordered a rib eye steak for dinner and although the sides were perfect the steak was too tough for me to eat. Breakfast however was very good, no free coffee or continental breakfast which travelers have come to expect. Another good thing I have stayed here with my dog and they are most welcome. Housekeeping very annoying kept knocking on the door. Outside door and inside corridor door.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gorham
1.8 km away
26.5 km away
Omni Mount Washington Resort
Omni Mount Washington Resort
#1 of 2 in Bretton Woods

Been to Town & Country Inn and Resort? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK