Lowest prices for your stay
$143
$143
Agoda.com
$140
Hotels.com$143
Travelocity$143
Hurb$151
All reviews room was clean stay there again main street easy access new hampshire motel nh santa microwave mt dog
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 October 2020

We stayed two nights, Sat. and Sun. Saturday was a busy weekend night. We needed help finding our room and also with recommendations for takeout. The cleaning crew happily obliged us with both even tho they clearly had had a long day. Their cheerfulness and willingness to help set the tone for a great stay. The room was huge and nicely decorated and very clean. The bed was very good and the comforters and pillows too. We didn't get a chance to use the pool. We'd stay here again.

Room tip: Some rooms on the first floor open to the outside, others open into a hallway.
Date of stay: October 2020
Reviewed 17 August 2020

I booked here for a last minute weekend trip. It is now a Rodeway Inn/Quality Inn. Being a choice hotel member, I booked here. Positives of this hotel were price and location. We did Storyland, drove up to Gorham, and did Santa's Village next day and this location was great for our itinerary. Plus it is near many restaurants like Subway, Mcdonalds, chinese and pizza shops. Wish I checked out the little store and ice cream shop across the street. There is an indoor pool and hot tub, but were very crowded Fri and Sat night. Kids still enjoyed it, and the pool was very big, but no towels available both nights. Breakfast was nice, quick grab amd go items like muffins, coffee, fruit, yogurt, cereal, juices. Room was ok, but definitely needs more lighting. Had to open curtains during day and a little too dark when sun down. Negatives, could hear room above us stomping around (must have had some kids), Gorham had many ATVs around since near trails amd legal to drive on roads, parking lot a little tight with many ATVs and big trailers,only had 2 towels in the room for a reservation for 4, now I did not ask for more as I had some with us, and a 3rd towel was left Sat am, but 4 towels should be in a room for 4 guests and the unexpected destination fee added to the bill at checkout, increasing the nightly stay an additional 6.54 a night. Still was a good value, but I personally hate when places tack on a fee, unless I am aware upfront. I think the hotel should either include this in the room rate or indicate at booking the hotel has an additional destination fee of $6 per night as it increased my bill over $13. Now an additional 6.54 is not bad considering the pool and breakfast and low prices, but would be nice to indicate that on the reservation confirmation. I booked directly through choice hotels. Overall if I come up again to do attraction in that area, I would consider this hotel again.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2020

Wow! The Royalty Inn in Gorham NH exceeded our expectations, from Cathy at the front desk to our most awesomely comfortable room the trip was fabulous! Bring your bathing suit they have a great pool in their health club! We heard they were renovating some rooms but that didn't affect us and they will be introducing a continental breakfast soon! Our bed and pillows were dream worthy comfortable! And just across the street is Scoggins General Store and ice cream stand you gotta check it out, their fudge is AWESOME!
Give them a call and ask for Cathy she will be happy to help with your reservations!

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2020

I was basically stranded by covid for nearly a month here. I had a job as an essential worker, but the pandemic crewed up my moving plans, and I couldn't complete a house purchase. I spent the entire month of May here, as one of the only guests. I saw myself the massive investment into the recent renovations. The enitre front building has been stripped and rebuilt. All new beds, new AC, new lobby, new everything. The Staff is amazing. I was getting packages and closing out probate on my fathers estate. There is nowhere in Gorham to get copies, print files, or fax, but the Manager and her stasff helped me so I could complete this stressful task. I can not say enough good things about the place, and especially the people. You will not regret a stay here!

Room tip: The older wing is close to the Androscoggin river, remote from the street. Perfect for grilling outside your door.
Date of stay: May 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 5 July 2020 via mobile

As at least one other recent review has mentioned, the property is in the midst of an ownership and/or management change, and some things are more hit and miss than is reasonable to expect. I assume that in time most of those wrinkles will be smoothed out. And also mentioned by someone else, the outdoor pool in the photos is no more. Has been filled in, looks like they are working toward eventually setting up a common outdoor space in that area. There are an indoor pool, hot tub and other health club amenities, though.

As to the room specifically.... Ours was in a very old wing, definitely not much to look at from the outside. There are newer blocks, and ones that are being renovated, so if it matters to you I would clarify when reserving. In our case, the room we did get, while rough around the edges, was clean, comfortable, and odor (must/funk/etc) free. It met our needs and was reasonable for the low rate I booked.

The desk staff was responsive to the few small things that came up. If you can get a good rate and are ok with the potential for a few glitches, go for it. If on the other hand, you are fairly demanding or particular about things, might be best to wait a bit and see how the reviews trend as time passes and the ownership changes and upgrades progress.

Date of stay: June 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Pauline L, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2020

Thank you for the review. We have joined the Choice Hotels Brand. We still have the same owners and management. We are working on getting out all the "wrinkles" out. You are correct that eventually we will have a common outdoor space in the area that the outdoor pool was at. I am happy to hear your room was up to your satisfaction and that the front desk staff was responsive with the few issues that arose. We are all learning a new computer system and need to get use to having 2 separate properties. We are the first dual brand in New England and we will have this mastered very very soon. We appreciate your business and your feedback helps us know what we are doing well at and where we need to improve. Our goal is to give each of our guest the best guest experiance at our hotels.