See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 August 2017

The Barn (The hiker hostel next to the Libby House B and B) is an amazing hostel for thru hikers or budget travelers looking to stretch their funds. Paul, the owner, really cares about hikers. He does trailhead pickup and dropoff as well as a shuttle to Walmart in the evening. Tenting is 15, Bunks are 22 so the place is very reasonably priced, and much cheaper than other options, though you wouldn't know by the quality. He has onsite laundry for an additional 5, and a full kitchen, as well as TV, ping pong, WIFI and a generous yard and common room for killing a zero day. Slackpacking between Pinkham Notch and US 2 is free with a two night stay which is one of the best deals on the trail. You are centrally located in town and right across the street from a 24 hour convenience store and a Subway for those who really look to minimize bonus miles, as well as within a mile of several chains. This is a low key hostel, quiet hours start at 9pm, so you will be assured your rest. That said, myself and some other hikers conducted a low key Monopoly game well into the night, we just kept it quiet. Drinking is permitted, just be an adult about it because rowdy behavior is banned, not a party place. I loved my time here waiting out bad weather in the Whites, and I'd recommend this place to any hiker in need of a little R and R. Reserve a spot the day before if you can because this place fills quick!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

We rolled into town off the trail on the 12th. Finn was able to get a signal on top of mount success and made a reservation for the Barn. They fill up quickly with hikers so if you can reserve a spot you should. Paul the owner is a solid dude and will pick you up from the route 2 trail junction. The barn is the hostel connected to the Libby house b&b. I was able to shower and do laundry and cook. Paul does a fantastic job keeping the place nice while accommodating people when they need a ride to or from the trail. Awesome zero day.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

My brother and I stayed in the barn and it was awesome! Paul is a great guy who runs a unique hostel. Good price too. There is only one bathroom, which can be a bit rough when the hostel is full. Other than that it was really cozy!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

Did a three night stay at the barn. Really cheap bunk room, cheap shuttle to wallmart and cheap laundry. The slackpack deal for 2 night stays is so good for doing the wildcats! Totally worth it! I even walked to berlin on my zero for a wu pick-up but ran out of luck, and paul(the owner) picked med up, ran me past McDonalds and bought me cheesburgers to lift my mood. An amazing guy with a place that every hiker should stay at! Plus everything is in walking distance!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 October 2016

I grew up in Gorham, NH so I am very familiar with it and its special small town feel and quaintness. I recently went back to see the foliage and to visit some friends and this is the first time in a long time I did not stay in the house I grew up in. I booked a room at Libby House Inn and it could not have been any more wonderful. The owner, Bobby, Is a caring kind man and was so easy to speak to.
I came the weekend of the Hurricane in FL and he was so accommodating as I didn't know if I would be able to get out of the state...he kept checking on me as I was traveling to make sure I could get out. The house is perfectly located right across from the Town Park(or Common) and is on Main Street. Bobby decorated the house for Halloween like you can NOT believe. There were kids and families out at night that came just to see his decorations (Inside the house as well). He leaves a basket each night on your door with pastries for the next morning, juice and each room has a coffee maker. Theres a wonderful porch on the front of the house with chairs and a great place for hikers to stay as well. Bobby has decorated the house with antiques and some are even from his family. Everything is interesting and homey. I really really enjoyed my stay here. I didn't know how I would feel not staying in the house I grew up in...but this place was homey and Bobby just made the stay so easy.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo