“The Barn”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gorham
The Libby House Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Gorham B&B and Inns
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

My brother and I stayed in the barn and it was awesome! Paul is a great guy who runs a unique hostel. Good price too. There is only one bathroom, which can be a bit rough when the hostel is full. Other than that it was really cozy!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

Did a three night stay at the barn. Really cheap bunk room, cheap shuttle to wallmart and cheap laundry. The slackpack deal for 2 night stays is so good for doing the wildcats! Totally worth it! I even walked to berlin on my zero for a wu pick-up but ran out of luck, and paul(the owner) picked med up, ran me past McDonalds and bought me cheesburgers to lift my mood. An amazing guy with a place that every hiker should stay at! Plus everything is in walking distance!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 October 2016

I grew up in Gorham, NH so I am very familiar with it and its special small town feel and quaintness. I recently went back to see the foliage and to visit some friends and this is the first time in a long time I did not stay in the house I grew up in. I booked a room at Libby House Inn and it could not have been any more wonderful. The owner, Bobby, Is a caring kind man and was so easy to speak to.
I came the weekend of the Hurricane in FL and he was so accommodating as I didn't know if I would be able to get out of the state...he kept checking on me as I was traveling to make sure I could get out. The house is perfectly located right across from the Town Park(or Common) and is on Main Street. Bobby decorated the house for Halloween like you can NOT believe. There were kids and families out at night that came just to see his decorations (Inside the house as well). He leaves a basket each night on your door with pastries for the next morning, juice and each room has a coffee maker. Theres a wonderful porch on the front of the house with chairs and a great place for hikers to stay as well. Bobby has decorated the house with antiques and some are even from his family. Everything is interesting and homey. I really really enjoyed my stay here. I didn't know how I would feel not staying in the house I grew up in...but this place was homey and Bobby just made the stay so easy.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank Laurie C
Reviewed 6 August 2016

Our son is hiking Southbound on the Appalachian Trail. We wanted to meet him for his 18th bday (quite a feat to coordinate with good timing, let me tell you!). We called the Libby House after we landed in Boston. They were so nice enough to give us the charming garden room (a king size bed and a twin) for my husband, daughter and me at a great rate. The hostel is full of three generations of antiques (including quite a doll collection) and is said to have a ghost!

Our son was staying in The Barn, which is just what it sounds like: A barn connected to Libby House with a lot of beds in it designed for hikers in a shared space. The Barn was perfect for him at only $22 a night with a refrigerator and kitchen space. However, we like our privacy and the cozy and clean garden room was the ticket. Bobby and Paul loaned us plates from Libby House so we could make a birthday dinner for our son and his friends in The Barn. They already had pans and cleaning items available for use.

In Libby House, Bobby left us baked goods and bananas for breakfast. The Barn offered a shuttle for the boys to head off to slack hike Pinkum Notch while my daughter slept in. It was a lovely visit and being able to stay that close to our hiker made his birthday extra special!

And no, we never saw the ghost;)

Room Tip: Hotel was very quiet. Can't imagine any room being too loud.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank swanfamily2908
Reviewed 26 June 2016 via mobile

For the Barn, not the B&B.

Free pick up and return for the trail if you were hiking. It had a truly unique feel being inside the old barn. All the bunks have been removed and replaced with full-size beds. Full/double for most of them, so not so great if you're over 6 feet tall, but Hikers can sleep anywhere so not a big deal.

Showers and laundry plus the television and a ping-pong table. Plenty of space to sort out your stuff and refrigerators to hold your various foodstuffs. The people around are very nice as well and it puts you close to the more center part of town are you have easy access to the post office, hardware store, convenient store, etc.

Would recommend this highly to any hiker who is planning to resupply or zero in Gorham before hitting the Whites or after just finishing.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple