See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 December 2015

I stayed several days at the Libby House in July, 2015, during my hike of the AT. I arrived at the hostel in a pretty bad physical state due to an injury I suffered on the trail. The owners, Bobby and Paul, were extremely friendly and helpful to me. They did everything they could possibly do to help me. Besides, the Libby House is so clean and nice ... simply a great place to rest. Hikers, when you come to Gorham, go to the Libby House, it´s definitely the best choice!

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank TUNNELVISI0N
Reviewed 13 December 2015

When planning a December trip to the White Mountain region to hike and explore the surrounding rural towns, The Libby House was a clear, standout choice. Our interactions with the proprietors were pleasant and cordial. Our sleeping accommodations were more than generous, sharing a very large room with a king size and twin bed that was decorated in a wonderful and unforgettable style. The entire house is amazingly decorated; you need to see it firsthand to experience the history and opulence. It was easy to leave the inn and walk down the main street, where we visited several local stores including a particularly enjoyable coffee and bookstore. We chose to keep the temperature in the lower range and were still very warm and comfortable sleeping under a few heavy blankets. The Gorham area is breathtaking, and we would confidently recommend visiting year round and staying at the Libby House Inn.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 November 2015

Bobby and Paul treated me as though I were one of their favorite relatives. They offered to drive me for shopping, dining, and to and from the trail-head. The rooms were spacious, spotless and comfortable. I stayed in different rooms over three different visits; all quiet and unique. There was a short walk to a variety of eateries and shops. I treasure the fond memories of time shared with Bobby and Paul (and Marley, the golden doodle), and look forward to returning to Gorham to visit them again.

Room Tip: I loved all of the rooms!! Each has it's own character.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 October 2015

On our trip to the White Mountains we spontaneously decided to rent a room in this B&B as soon as we saw this fantastically decorated house. We had a very warm welcome by the owners Bobby, Paul and their dog Marley. The rooms were very comfortable and a great experience to look at. A very beautiful house. The Continental breakfast was served in basket and we could enjoy it in our room. We can highly recommend to stay in this B&B!

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2015

We stumbled upon this Inn on a road trip through New England and ended up staying two nights over the July 4th weekend. Our room was on the top floor and much bigger than we needed - having a queen bed and table & chairs for breakfast and a sofa - as well as a second room with two twin beds and a private bathroom. The bed was very comfortable and we slept well. It was clean and inviting and quite charming.

The Inn has been decorated with historical family treasures of the period. It was truly fascinating. The history of the house and it's haunted guest were also very intriguing. The owner Bobby & his cousin Paul were very helpful and courteous. The breakfast provided was a small continental basket of breads and a couple of juices. Coffee was provided in your room along with a small fridge which came in very handy.

Bobby found us lawn chairs to watch the parade (Hillary was in town campaigning) and also we used them to watch the fireworks. We spent some time people watching and chatting with other guests and the owners on the massive porch of the house.

The only suggestions I have for the inn-keepers are that maybe they add a few pieces of fruit and perhaps a couple of yogurts to the breakfast basket and perhaps provide a couple of bottles of water daily. Also a hairdryer in the bath room would have been nice. They may have had one available, I didn't ask as I had a small travel one of my own.

Oh and definitely improvement is needed in the wifi department. I think maybe a stronger wireless router to make sure the signal gets to the top floor and doesn't get dropped continually. That was a little frustrating.

This is really a nice little inn - it would take very little to make it to a 5 star inn - perhaps a hot breakfast in the lovely dining room.... just a thought. The owners have been working hard to maintain this lovely old building and the inside shows the hard work - it truly is lovely. I am sure it will just get better and better.

I would definitely stay there again if I was in the area. There is also a barn attached that is a hostel for hikers of Mount Washington and area, that seemed fairly busy.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple