“An excellent place to go.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Story Land

Story Land
Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Glen
More attraction details
Owner description: Story Land – where fantasy lives! Story Land is a safe and natural setting where children and their imaginations can run free. We provide a great value to our guests every day, with all-inclusive rides, shows & attractions, reasonably-priced admission ticket, FREE parking, and FREE pet kennels. Featuring birthday parties and character dinners, Story Land is a celebration for the young at heart. This world of fantasy is punctuated by the kaleidoscope of flowers and emerald fields of New Hampshire’s beautiful White Mountains. Timeless characters like Humpty Dumpty, the Old Woman in the Shoe, the Three Little Pigs, and Peter Rabbit came to life here in 1954.
Maine
“An excellent place to go.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2008

My family has made Storyland a family tradition. This past week we took our children (5,8 and 10) back there for the first time in 4 years. It was the first time my 5 year old had been.

The park is clean and very family friendly. Bathrooms are located all over the park and they are very clean. I am sure you could spend a couple of days playing in the park and still be excited to ride the rides and see the shows.

The circus was a neat addition and all of my kids enjoyed it. Family favorite rides include the Bamboo Chutes (Log Flume)and Dr. Geyser's Remarkable Raft Ride. The Professor Begglestep's Loopy Lab is easily an hour attraction!

A couple of suggestions for rides are to do the water rides earlier in the day. The lines are a lot shorter early on and right before closing.

The food prices are quite resonable compared to other theme parks. Hot dogs are $1.50, kid's chicken finger meals are $4.25. Small drinks are $1.00. All in all, not bad. We paid $27.00 for lunch for 5 people....we were all full by the end of the meal.

Suveniors are also resonably priced. T-shirts can be bought for under $10.00 (for kids) and other trinkets will only cost around $5.00. My three kids each got 2 things and the total came to $25.00.

This is a wonderful family friendly park in a beautiful area. After the park take a right and enjoy the views in the White Mountains. There are plenty of short hikes to do with kids and some amazing scenery that will lead to some very happy memories! My kids were lucky enough to see a Mama moose and her baby cross the road in front of us!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“We wish we had known.....”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2008

We thought Story Land would be perfect for our 4 and 2 year olds. Not having been there since I was young myself, I remembered nothing about where things were. I highly recommend taking a train ride around the park BEFORE trying to undertake the park. It will give you a good idea as to which areas are best suited for your child. We did this LAST and really wished we were advised to do that first.

I have no idea HOW to cut the line times down, but we waited in line for every ride from between 20 minutes at minimum to 45 minutes for the car ride. I think this is an unrealistic amount of time for little kids to wait. Granted, it's a popular place and there is very little that can be done to fix this, but again, had we known this going in, we would have been far better prepared. We were there from 9:30-4 and only rode on 3 rides and watched the circus.

We were very disappointed with our experience overall. We were INCREDIBLY excited to go and even more excited to leave.

We drove 2.5 hours to get there to have kids melting down in lines. The circus was great! Worth trying to schedule that in. The park is very clean and has great rest room and food choices.

Bad day? Maybe, but had the wait times been more publicized, not to scare people away, but to forewarn those of us with 2 year olds who can't stand still for 45 minutes, we may have been better prepared and thus had a more enjoable time.

5 Thank Boxer19
Arlington, MA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Customer Service is also a strength”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2008

Besides having a great, affordable time with my family, I also experienced true "customer service". Simply, when I lost a hat on their log ride, I told the ride operator who assured me he would keep checking for it. Also he called a supervisor to check the water lanes... and on top of that suggested I check in with Guest Services to fill out a form in case my hat was not found by the time I left the park.

Well we did have to leave, so I checked in with Guest Services, filled out a form to describe the hat, and a few days after coming home found a Priority Mail package containing my hat. They packed it up and shipped it to me at their expense as promised. Imagine getting that level of service at other large parks!

Thanks Storyland!

United States
“Good family fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2008

Just returned from Story Land with our 21 month old and we had a great time. There's much more to the park than just the "rides" -- themed play areas, shows, farmyard animals, even sandboxes. It was amazing to watch her reaction to a world scaled just for her!

For $24 per person (over the age of 2), we got a great value by arriving after 3PM our first day and getting a pass to come back another day. We arrived at 9:15 the next day and were able to walk onto rides with no wait at all. Though we didn't buy much there, all of the prices seemed extremely reasonable (food, drink, merchandise) and it definitely didn't feel like things were being marketed "at" you -- it was almost difficult to find a souvenier shop there. In addition, the park was incredibly clean. I highly recommend it for the toddler/preschool set.

Newport, Rhode Island
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Wonderful day even in pouring rain”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2008

We just got back from a two night stay in North Conway and without a doubt Storyland was the best part. It was pouring rain and we were soaked through but all the kids had such a great day. They range from 2 to 11 and all 5 had a great time, the rides were all running, the staff was so friendly and the park is spotless. The prices were so reasonable there is no ripping off the customers. The rides were fun for all the kids and there was enough to choose from that the day was full. The park is a must do for any one with young kids staying in New Hampshire!!!

1 Thank eatsout